The zombie has risen... hi!

-

NorCalZombie

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Don't mind the title, it's just an eye catcher. I'm new to the Mopar family. Just purchased a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger. Loving her so far. I have big plans for her, but I'm not too mechanically inclined. Teaching myself mostly, which is time consuming. Got into cars a little later than most (at 30). I'm determined, however, to learn what I need to turn her into a masterpiece. I found this forum and saw what a strong community it was. Which brought me to the conclusion this will be a great place to learn what I can. Looking forward to talking with y'all.

Welcome to FABO! Good to have you here. Got any pics of your Dart to share? We love car **** around here. Good luck on your build.

Welcome! My car is slowly rising from the dead too. Its also a '72 Swinger that was ridden hard and put away wet 8) Can't wait to see some pics.

Welcome to FABO. There are a lot of folks here to lend a hand. You have come to the right place.

Oh No A Zombie....well yea Id push ya'll behind to avoid what could happen!!!! Welcome aboard Zombie.......don't eat me.......or my dawg!!!! did i somehow leave out my cat?......spare the cat unless ya really hungry ok?

Welcome aboard! You'll learn everything you need -- and a few things you probably won't expect lol -- around here. Make yourself at home and don't be shy with the questions.

The floors appear to be in great shape. A little bit of cancer under the rear window, where the vinyl top used to sit. The seats have already been redone. Need the door panels, headliner & dash. Paint, I'm not too concerned with at the moment. The door panels, for me, are a pain to find. Found a couple and the guy told me he'd let them go for $800. To me, that seems steep.

The floors appear to be in great shape. A little bit of cancer under the rear window, where the vinyl top used to sit. The seats have already been redone. Need the door panels, headliner & dash. Paint, I'm not too concerned with at the moment. The door panels, for me, are a pain to find. Found a couple and the guy told me he'd let them go for $800. To me, that seems steep.
that is way too steep! by about $600. post up a want ad in the parts wanted section, I'm sure you will get a hit. And be prepared. your rear window channel where the windshield gasket is is gonna have rot underneath it. its very common with '72s. The Dash is where things can get expensive on what route you decide to go

I have a guy that will make all the interior door panels for you, uses ABS plastic for base, rather than warped cardboard. All for $250. I have his email address if you are interested.

Hey jr, not to hijack the thread at all, but does your guy make anything for other manufacturers? Billy just picked up an '84 Silverado step side -- VERY sweet -- but it needs a driver's side door panel. Please send me a PM with his contact info if he would be inclined to work on something else. :-D

Hey jr, not to hijack the thread at all, but does your guy make anything for other manufacturers? Billy just picked up an '84 Silverado step side -- VERY sweet -- but it needs a driver's side door panel. Please send me a PM with his contact info if he would be inclined to work on something else. :-D

I do not know him personally, just through the net. His name is Chris, his email is [email protected] His website is www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com and his phone number is 716-870-4406, seems to be a very friendly guy.

-
Back