Thermo Quad #4973

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi All, Any idea what an original #4973 Thermoquad is worth? Needing a total rebuild. I got it off the 1971 340 I picked up yesterday. The motor has been sitting in a shed for over 25 years! I tell you..it's like a time capsule. Everything was still bolted to this 340 I think they disconnected the wiring and pulled it,and stuck it in the shed!
Pic's and Some other stuff for sale! Anyone interested?

Attachments

• Picture 308.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 445
  • Picture 309.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Picture 310.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 553
  • Picture 311.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 408
Any chance of selling it complete? There may be someone looking for a year-matching engine for their project.

The carb is a one year only Thermoquad. Don't know the worth off hand but it's well above the rest of the years, particularly to someone restoring a '71. I've seen prices well over $200, but don't recall the condition. You could do some searches on Mopar ad forums and ebay for a more accurate and current price range. It would help to get some numbers off of it and figure out if it was for a stick or auto trans application.

4972 C-4-TQ 71/O 340 M/T

4973 C-4-TQ 71/O 340 A/T

Any chance of selling it complete? There may be someone looking for a year-matching engine for their project.

The carb is a one year only Thermoquad. Don't know the worth off hand but it's well above the rest of the years, particularly to someone restoring a '71. I've seen prices well over $200, but don't recall the condition. You could do some searches on Mopar ad forums and ebay for a more accurate and current price range. It would help to get some numbers off of it and figure out if it was for a stick or auto trans application.

4972 C-4-TQ 71/O 340 M/T

4973 C-4-TQ 71/O 340 A/T
It's a 4973 which would be auto. There was a member here that asked me about it a while ago when I said it's a 71-complete 340.But at that time he didn't say he had to have a 4 speed carb which is the 4972.So I will sell it to recoupe money to buy parts for rebuilding the 340. Thanks for the reply! Craig.

If you had the carb # in the title originally, I missed it. I guess I'm still 1/2 asleep.

Hi All, Any idea what an original #4973 Thermoquad is worth? Needing a total rebuild. I got it off the 1971 340 I picked up yesterday. The motor has been sitting in a shed for over 25 years! I tell you..it's like a time capsule. Everything was still bolted to this 340 I think they disconnected the wiring and pulled it,and stuck it in the shed!
Pic's and Some other stuff for sale! Anyone interested?
Bump Pic's added!

Where are the numbers located and how much for the carb. Don`t want the air cleaner as it isn`t correct I don`t think..

Numbers are on the back of carb #4973 1971 340 auto correct. I can try a close up of the numbers but it didn't work for me the first time. Thanks, Craig.

I'm need a carb like this, please let me know what you want for it, if these guys don't grab it.

Are the shafts free? Does the air cleaner have the vacuum door in the bottom? Air cleaner should have dual snorkels to be correct I believe.

Thanks,

Steve

I have the original 4973 for mine. Just checked it. It has a "sg" after it. Any ides what a 9103 might be? That come with mine as well. I will let the next guy who said he wanted it after I did get it. I don`t care. I just hate when people do that lol. All for one and one for one...ME! I don`t care if someone else was first, me first me first lmfao.

I'm need a carb like this, please let me know what you want for it, if these guys don't grab it.

Are the shafts free? Does the air cleaner have the vacuum door in the bottom? Air cleaner should have dual snorkels to be correct I believe.

Thanks,

Steve
Air cleaner is not correct for this year I know that. The 71 air cleaner is under the hood of my Duster!! This is just another I have kicking around. I sprayed the carb with WD40 last night when I got it home. It appears to be locked up! Make me an offer. Craig.

I need a original idle solenoid, that one still there?

Hey Craig,I have the original 4973sg for mine. Just checked it. Any ideas what a 9103 might be? That come with mine as well.
My original also has a sg after it and the numbers under it are0821. the 9103S has 1387 under it Any ideas what they are? Thanks for the help craig!

Hey Craig,I have the original 4973sg for mine. Just checked it. Any ideas what a 9103 might be? That come with mine as well.
My original also has a sg after it and the numbers under it are0821. the 9103S has 1387 under it Any ideas what they are? Thanks for the help craig!
Mine has JO4973S That's it. Don't know what your other numbers are for. Craig.

Mine has JO4973S That's it. Don't know what your other numbers are for. Craig.
Weird. Hey thanks again for your help. Mine is all free and so on. He said he had it rebuilt and he thinks the idiot lost the jets or something. I am having it rebuilt for sure! Thanks again friend!8)

He said it depended on what it needed and is missing. I have another one that come with it as well for parts.

-
Back