These electric cars are getting more exciting

-
E7EA1119-1D39-4E1F-A3EE-52D1309D971A.jpeg

I would say that's funny, but it's Big Daddy, so it's not.

Too bad I would have loved to see it run.

I think if they are going to race electric cars the batteries need to be easily removed and contained.

Too bad I would have loved to see it run.

I think if they are going to race electric cars the batteries need to be easily removed and contained.
That will be pretty hard to do when the battery weighs more than u do. Unless it’s pinned in on a slide with quick disconnect cables. Kim

Anybody else notice the hundred or so fire extinguishers that did nothing ?
Who has a hundred fire extinguishers? laying around?

yeah those extinguishers are definitely not rated for electrical fires. those batteries need an eject button or something

yeah those extinguishers are definitely not rated for electrical fires. those batteries need an eject button or something
I heard somewhere that in Europe they don't even try to fight the electric car fire, they just try to keep it from burning anything else, and let the car fire burn itself out. Judging by those busses, it looks like the right idea.

I heard somewhere that in Europe they don't even try to fight the electric car fire, they just try to keep it from burning anything else, and let the car fire burn itself out. Judging by those busses, it looks like the right idea.
They're not allowed in parking garages either because of that

Yall see how quickly that first bus went up? I don't think the fire department would have put it out had they been right on top of it.

Guys, when Lithium batteries catch fire it is a chemical fire not an electrical fire. The chemical reaction/reactions produce a lot of heat very rapidly. To my knowledge, a fire extinguisher capable of suppressing or stopping the Lithium fire/reactions has not yet been developed. Part of the problem is in the configuration of the battery cells. Once a short develops in the internal layers of the cell and the runaway reaction is going an outside extinguishing agent cannot make its way to the inner layers of the battery cell.

-
Back