These rockers any good?

-

383Duster

Reaction score
I just bought this "rebuilt" 383. Does anybody know what brand rockers these are? Also any idea what the KB piston advertised compression ratio is? Any help is appreciated....

Attachments

• more duster 002.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 242
  • new 383 006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 198
  • new 383 012.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 204
They look like the cheap china made ones. I had some of these on my 400 horse 340 they looked like new when I pulled them after 5,000 miles. I replaced them with gold Crane ones, they looked identical except the shaft was way heavier duty on the Crane ones. I bet the company that made these copied them from Crane. I had no issues with mine, will run them in a different motor with a little less HP. I have heard some had issues but only with the adjuster nuts stripping out from poor quality steel. I guess you could replace the adjuster with crane ones and not worry.

I have the flat top kb's zero decked in my 400 with 906 heads. Compression in my motor is about 9.5 to 1

Any Part #'s stamped on them?? It looks like the builder did a nice job so I'm not sure if he would have cheesed out on the rockers. Can you call and ask him?? Just make sure all the adjuster nuts are tight and run that baby.

My SB MP's look identical. Are they bushed? Is there a little 1.5 on them anywhere?

I commented on your original thread. The reason I said what I did is because I hang around my buds machine shop. I have seen three wasted motors on account of these no name rockers. I think they are proform. Adjusters push thru or fulcrum breaks. Next thing you know lifters bailed its hole and pushrods takes its place. Ever seen what happens when a cam grabs a pushrod. It snafus the lifter boss and breaks piston skirts on the way down. Don't skimp on rockers. Daves66 has a photo thread on his

look like pro comps i don't think they any thing stamped on them the adjusters are biggger threads than cranes and hughes.there like a copy of a harland sharp.

I commented on your original thread. The reason I said what I did is because I hang around my buds machine shop. I have seen three wasted motors on account of these no name rockers. I think they are proform. Adjusters push thru or fulcrum breaks. Next thing you know lifters bailed its hole and pushrods takes its place. Ever seen what happens when a cam grabs a pushrod. It snafus the lifter boss and breaks piston skirts on the way down. Don't skimp on rockers. Daves66 has a photo thread on his

Thanks for the info....I know what a mess rocker issues can cause, thats why I am asking around on this board for info. You are correct on the brand, I googled Proform and they look like these. I can sell these on ebay and buy me some better ones.

-
Back