They walk among us

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was at the checkout of a local Walmart.
The cashier rang up $46.64 charges.
I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64.
I gave the money back to her and told her that she
had made a mistake in MY favor.
She became indignant and informed me she was educated and
knew what she was doing, and she returned the money again.
I gave her the money back -- same scenario!
I departed the store with the $46.64.
They Walk Among Us! .....
I walked into a Starbucks with a
buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Grande Latte.
I handed it to the girl and she looked over at
a little chalkboard that said 'buy one-get one free.'
"They're already buy-one- get-one-free," she said,
"so I guess they're both free."
She handed me my free lattes, and I walked out the door.
One day I was walking down the beach with some friends,
when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!"
Someone looked up at the sky and asked, "Where?"
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent
which direction was north; because, he explained,
he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning.
She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?"
When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East,
and has for sometime; she shook her head and said,
"Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff."
They Walk Among Us!! .....
I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center.
One day I got a call from an individual who asked
what hours the call center was open.
I told him, "The number you dialed is open
24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"
Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car
designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped.
She keeps it in the trunk.
My friends and I went out to buy beer and noticed
that the cases were discounted 10%.
Since it was a big party, we bought two cases.
The cashier multiplied two times 10%
and gave us a 20% discount.
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area,
so I went to the lost luggage office and
told the woman there that my bags never showed up.
She smiled and told me not to worry because
she was a trained professional, and I was in good hands.
"Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"
So I replied, "No Ma'am, The Pilot told us we're circling the airport, 3rd in line to land" .....
While working at a pizza place, I observed
a man ordering a small pizza to go.
He appeared to be alone, and the cook asked him
if he would like it cut into four pieces or six..
He thought about it for some time before responding.
"Just cut it into four pieces.
I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat six pieces."
Yep, they walk among amung us

Once bought a parka at Hudson Bay. At that time there was no tax on clothes. Parka was $46.99 gave the teller a $50 she put it in till and gave me change for a hundred. I looked at her and said this is to much change. She wheeled around and barked at me you trying to tell me how to do my job. I said no and promptly left the store receipt parka and $3 richer. Would have liked to have seen her face when she cashed out her till.

I once bought a small handheld video game system online. They shipped me a case of them by accident. I called them and explained that I neither wanted nor needed 49 extra video game systems and they told me they would happily refund me for the 49, but I would have to pay return shipping. It took 30 minutes and two supervisors to explain their ~$1,200 mistake to them. Finally found one who was thankful and sent me a FedEx label. But if they make it this hard to be honest, then people are going to stop doing it.

Kitty was in line at the mickey dees one day. The manager and cashier were having a discussion about a 5 dollar bill both of them said "dis here ain't real". Kitty whipped out a five and said "Here I'll buy it" and they swapped her a five dollar silver certificate for a five dollar bill. I'm sure there's not a lot of difference if any, but it's astounding that they didn't know what it was. I've also had this same store refuse to accept a two dollar bill for the same reason. Needless to say, mickey dees if off our list now. lol

Kitty was in line at the mickey dees one day. The manager and cashier were having a discussion about a 5 dollar bill both of them said "dis here ain't real". Kitty whipped out a five and said "Here I'll buy it" and they swapped her a five dollar silver certificate for a five dollar bill. I'm sure there's not a lot of difference if any, but it's astounding that they didn't know what it was. I've also had this same store refuse to accept a two dollar bill for the same reason. Needless to say, mickey dees if off our list now. lol

You probably just added two years to your life expectancy by removing the arches from your diet :)

You probably just added two years to your life expectancy by removing the arches from your diet :)
Perhaps. We've not been there in several years now.

Yup David Letterman had a segment on his show that I thought was great. It was called “Things that make you go hmmmmmm. Some of the **** he show and told was just unbelievable. Here’s one from my pal Mark

BD5C8E44-39D1-4105-9E08-390F3C5A5BEE.jpeg

I've had a habit of making purchases by giving the cashier more than the required amount. This way I both get rid of loose change and don't accumulate more.
I'm always amazed that so many people can't do the math in their heads nor do they get it right even when their cash register does the math for them.

Worse than that is people that can't tell time on a standard clock. I used to help coach girls fast pitch softball travel teams. Some years ago the team I was with (18-under age group) was at a tournament and in the middle of one of the games one of the girls was standing behind me in the dugout and asked me what time it was. Since I was involved in the game strategy happening on the field I simply held up my arm and showed her the face of my watch. She looked at my watch, looked back at me and said, "I don't do well with that type of clock". Turns out she had digital clocks at home and had no clue what time was shown by the hands on my watch.

I bought a dewalt cordless kit years ago at lowes. You know the 400 dollar one. Somehow another dewalt sticker was on it also. Cashier scans the cheap one. Comes up 160 bucks. I said no thats the small kit this is the big one. You should scan the other bar code. She says this barcode says dewalt. I say they both do smh. She says nope its thos one 160 bucks. I say ok one minute. I ran to the isle grabbed another big kit for 400. I said see. She refused to scan it. At this point i say fine and buy both kits at 160 each and run to my car as fast as possible

I've had a habit of making purchases by giving the cashier more than the required amount. This way I both get rid of loose change and don't accumulate more.
I'm always amazed that so many people can't do the math in their heads nor do they get it right even when their cash register does the math for them.

Worse than that is people that can't tell time on a standard clock. I used to help coach girls fast pitch softball travel teams. Some years ago the team I was with (18-under age group) was at a tournament and in the middle of one of the games one of the girls was standing behind me in the dugout and asked me what time it was. Since I was involved in the game strategy happening on the field I simply held up my arm and showed her the face of my watch. She looked at my watch, looked back at me and said, "I don't do well with that type of clock". Turns out she had digital clocks at home and had no clue what time was shown by the hands on my watch.

Me too. I had a neighbor girl helping with some yard work. She asked what time it was, I had my nose under the porch so just held up my watch. She didn't know how to read it. She is exceptionally intelligent but had never seen a timepiece with hands. So I spent a few minutes showing her how it works. This is the difference between ignorant (lack of information that can be cured) and stupid (can't be cured and is for life).

I bought a dewalt cordless kit years ago at lowes. You know the 400 dollar one. Somehow another dewalt sticker was on it also. Cashier scans the cheap one. Comes up 160 bucks. I said no thats the small kit this is the big one. You should scan the other bar code. She says this barcode says dewalt. I say they both do smh. She says nope its thos one 160 bucks. I say ok one minute. I ran to the isle grabbed another big kit for 400. I said see. She refused to scan it. At this point i say fine and buy both kits at 160 each and run to my car as fast as possible

Wow. Do we shop at the same Lowes? Years ago I needed a new wood burning stove for the house. It was late in the season and Lowes had only one floor model left so I said I'd take it. We put it on a cart and roll it to the cashier where I handed her the tag hanging off it. I pay via credit card and off we go. Weeks later after installation I check the credit card statement and see the Lowes charge was less than $100 for a stove that was more like $800. I checked the hang tag, which I still had, and see that unknown to anyone, some dim bulb decided to recycle a tag from a part for that stove (under $100) and put the new info for my stove (over $800) on the other side. The cashier rang up the wrong side. I went to Lowe's customer service THREE TIMES with the receipt and the hang tag to tell them I owed then a bunch of money. No one, including two managers, could figure it out. I quit trying after that third attempt. I'm still using that stove today.

She's not alone I'm afraid to say. Kids today can't do anything without electronics. They shouldn't be allowed to use them in school and work it out in their head like we used to. First thing we learned in school was the times table and how to write in cursive.

Having to rely on technology for basic knowledge is a sad state of affairs. Lack of common sense is excusable
Arrogance is not, absolutely refuse to deal with arrogance. My opinion

She's not alone I'm afraid to say. Kids today can't do anything without electronics. They shouldn't be allowed to use them in school and work it out in their head like we used to. First thing we learned in school was the times table and how to write in cursive.
My kids go to private school where they learn all that

When I teach my sundayschool class, if one of my kids writes on the board, their sibling is the only one who can read it

-
Back