Thieves

-

mopardad1

Reaction score
Unfortunate for me to report, but there is a thIef in Southern Colorado.

When you have Mopars, other Mopar (sic) guys tend to stop in a shoot the breeze, especially if they can see your facility.

But when they do it under the guise of 'casing' your shop/garage that is when I no longer want to associate with such individuals.

Our shop is open and faces a relativley busy hiway, so we get a few guys that will stop in an introduce themsleves and we usually have a good time bench racing and talking 'Mopar'.

One such indivual took a shining to a set of vintage U.S. Indy aluminum slots 15X4 small 4 inch bolt pattern wheel sitting in the shop. He was informed that that they were not for sale.

Low and behold, when we went to get them for them for the Bandimere all Mopar meet this last weekend, we discovered they were gone. We did recall the back door had been opened (jimmied) several weeks ago but didn't notice anything missing, so we just ignored it.

Hoping we had just mis-placed them we searched high and low, but to no avail.

We are not absolutely certain that he is the guilty party, but other things were not disturbed. Many of the same items any of us would have in our shops.

We are building a fence to enclose our shop and adding a shop door that faces away from the view of the public. Might even let the Pit-Bull run freely in the shop, as long as we keep the anti-freeze away from her.

Too bad that some people would stoop to this activity, I had always enjoyed the 'fraternal' sort of brotherhood that comes with identifing with Mopars and Mopar people.

Enough said

Sorry to hear. I get the feeling you know who he is. Would going to the law do any good?

Security cameras might be a good investment too.

Yes we will contact the Sheriff today.

By the way, this guy sells on E-BAY all the time

Yes we will contact the Sheriff today.

By the way, this guy sells on E-BAY all the time

Really, I just seen a pair of those rims on ebay about a week ago, they sold for big bucks! Do you know the guy's ebay username? I will see if I can find the item, it may still be in my watch list!

I'm fed up with the thieves in the small town where I live. They steal small things like my kids bikes (we've lost four of them, one of which was a 3 week old Christmas present), etc. from the yard or driveway. To stop snowmobiles from racing through my yard in the winter I strung a coil of barbed wire across the end of the yard. When spring came I coiled up the wire so I could mow & somebody stole it! We have come home several times from a day of out-of-town shopping to find that our kids outdoor toys were scattered around the driveway because somebody had been playing with them. Also, somebody broke a window out of a camper I had parked in my back yard. I have now purchased a total of seven video cameras (with night vision) & a digital video recorder & am installing them around the house & my shop to help keep an eye on things when we're not around. I'll probably have around $400 in everything. At least this way I might have some video proof to identify them next time.

Can you describe the rims better? Were they mint, center caps, curb scrapes or damage? Any pictures of them? This may help in identifing them, I am always on ebay, I will keep an eye out for you!

I'm fed up with the thieves in the small town where I live. They steal small things like my kids bikes (we've lost four of them, one of which was a 3 week old Christmas present), etc. from the yard or driveway. To stop snowmobiles from racing through my yard in the winter I strung a coil of barbed wire across the end of the yard. When spring came I coiled up the wire so I could mow & somebody stole it! We have come home several times from a day of out-of-town shopping to find that our kids outdoor toys were scattered around the driveway because somebody had been playing with them. Also, somebody broke a window out of a camper I had parked in my back yard. I have now purchased a total of seven video cameras (with night vision) & a digital video recorder & am installing them around the house & my shop to help keep an eye on things when we're not around. I'll probably have around $400 in everything. At least this way I might have some video proof to identify them next time.

Wow. I have less problems here in the Denver area. Hopefully you'll get someone on camera.

It's not just Colorado. Some years ago I spent a few hours putting new jacks on the camper I owned at the time because we were leaving on vacation the next day. Early the next morning I went back to the storage yard to put the camper on my truck and the jacks were gone! Somebody had seen me putting them on and decided they needed new jacks more that we did.
Needless to say, the vacation was delayed a few days.

U S Indy aluminum slots with bias tires natural finish, no road rash or anything else.

Some people think I'm rude when I'm not all friendly when they want to check out my car when it's in the driveway, or when the garage door is open. I just don't want everyone and their dog checking out what I own. Maybe they are nice people and do just want to admire the car, but I don't feel like taking that chance. I don't own any high dollar stuff, but what I do own I couldn't afford to replace. I totally understand what you're talking about.

i've already checked his e-bay sales, but will look further.

I'll let you know if we need to look further.

It is a shame that people steal like they do. It is going to get worse as everything keeps getting higher. People used to steal for drugs but now it is getting were they steal to keep gas in their tanks and for food.

A lot of times it is just going to happen because of the neighborhood in which you live. I used to live in a so-so neighborhood with a little bit of thieves and vandalism but I decided to get out there. I'm grateful I live in a nice neighborhood now with no junk sitting out in peoples yards and live among est a bunch of white trash.

Some people think I'm rude when I'm not all friendly when they want to check out my car when it's in the driveway, or when the garage door is open. I just don't want everyone and their dog checking out what I own. Maybe they are nice people and do just want to admire the car, but I don't feel like taking that chance. I don't own any high dollar stuff, but what I do own I couldn't afford to replace. I totally understand what you're talking about.

EXACTLY !!!!!

I try not to leave my garage door open any longer than it has to be. I really don't want anyone that I do not know well to know what is in the garage.

I put an alarm system in the house when I went on afternoons at work for the wife but I told her the garage is the area to be protected as well as the house for when we were gone.

I HATE THIEVES

If I build another house the garage door will probably be open in the rear so I can leave it open and people not see in

I am afraid where I live, it seems like thieves are moving out into the country...my friend just got robbed (2 houses away). And somehow brand new 2 gps units and a case of monster next to them got stolen from my house (they were right inside of my clear glass sliding door.) No one is home from 7am-2pm, and we have trees hiding our house. No security on our garage besides some locks. I am definitely afraid of thieves where I live. (especially since there is an on ramp to a highway right next to my house...easy get away.)

Just to add my $.02, somebody stole the hood for my barracuda! I figure it was the scrap collectors. They probably chopped it into a few pieces and sold it with a load of scrap.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Just to add my $.02, somebody stole the hood for my barracuda! I figure it was the scrap collectors. They probably chopped it into a few pieces and sold it with a load of scrap.

I hope it wasn't on the car at the time !?!

Really sorry for your loss ... I'm not sure what I hate more, a thief or a liar !!! Good luck with this, and hope you can recover the rims ...

Kenny

Me too.

Really sorry for your loss ... I'm not sure what I hate more, a thief or a liar !!! Good luck with this, and hope you can recover the rims ...

Kenny
You can tell me all the lies you want to but i,ll whip yer *** for stealing from me. Had a guy I knew (crackhead) stole my big battery charger and welder from my garage. I asked around town and the guy at the tatoo shop told about a guy selling an old welder like mine. I confronted him and teed off on his arse with a pitching wedge till he admitted he stole my stuff and promised to take me too it. He walked funny for a month. I dont take kindly to thieves.

I read an article in Motor Age or one of the other trade magazines that said these bastards are stealing the catylytic converters off cars now when they're parked in front of your house. I never leave my garage door open any longer than I need to get the car out. They are also stealing copper wire and pipe from vacant houses for scrap. These people really piss me off.

I am afraid where I live, it seems like thieves are moving out into the country...my friend just got robbed (2 houses away). And somehow brand new 2 gps units and a case of monster next to them got stolen from my house (they were right inside of my clear glass sliding door.) No one is home from 7am-2pm, and we have trees hiding our house. No security on our garage besides some locks. I am definitely afraid of thieves where I live. (especially since there is an on ramp to a highway right next to my house...easy get away.)

I believe you need to invest into a alarm system if I was you and have it connected to the police system. That sounds like a break in dieing to happen. I would feel really uncomfortable. It might not stop them but at least the law will be notified.

Get you a BCD396T Uniden scanner and you can keep up with what is going on in your area even while you are at work. You can scan the Police, Fire, EMS,Air traffic, Railroads, even the dog catcher LOL! Not cell phones.

When I lived in the rough neighborhood there was a guy running from the police in his car. He was heading toward the area I lived so I went out and told the kids (not mine) to get out of the road. Sure enough the guy and law came flying by a few minutes later. My friends was tripping out.

It can give you some insight on the type of people that lives around you. Ever wonder why law gets called over at your neighbor house so much? Now you will know even before the law gets there.

You wouldn't believe the things you hear that happens. I take it with me while I travel back and forth to work and can avoid wrecks. I can stay out of the backed up traffic. I live in a small town so I could imagine how it would help if you live in or near a major city.

I bought this one not to long ago because it picks up digital and conventional frequencies. Everything is going digital so now I hear the local sheriff and city police.

Once you buy the scanner you can program it with your computer. I always use this data base to get the frequencies I want to hear in my area or if I'm fixing to go to another state,major city, county, small town. I can program it before I go. You can also use it at the races such as NASCAR. Anyways it's fun if anything else.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

DSC01470.jpg

-
Back