Things you save for no reason

-

Tooljunkie

King of cobble/master of the broken bolt
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And then come up with one
These have been kicking around for longer than i care to remember. So they are going to get installed in my 51 Fargo that has yet to be named
E56AD8B2-E760-4B62-8F98-9928A94DB814.jpeg

I love those
(Doesnt hurt that the company that made them shares my first name)

I’m going on 64 and I still have my marbles from my youth, a carbide cannon, my Howdy Doty bank, kites, tents and many more. I’m a nut

Magazines .. friggin magazines.. I have years of my favorite magazine in my shed and I can't throw them away, 2003 charter member. I tried to give them to my cousin and he said, I'll take them if you take my 20 years of Hot Rod mags.

341021-970x1195.jpg

Went on the hunt for my hood ornament. Been dragging it around for 45 years. Its mia...

Went on the hunt for my hood ornament. Been dragging it around for 45 years. Its mia...
Trust me, you put it a safe place.
It took me a couple of hrs today to find some distributor bushings.....

And then come up with one
These have been kicking around for longer than i care to remember. So they are going to get installed in my 51 Fargo that has yet to be named View attachment 1715443160

I’ve got the gas pedal in my car and am on the hunt for the little one for the dimmer. Makes the car.

I’m a bit of a hoarder. If one is good three is better wether you need it or not.

I had the “Goofy foot” gas pedal and dimmer in my old ‘72 F250. Loved the gas pedal, dimmer not so much. If you hit the dimmer anything less than a perfect flat hit, it would torque the switch and cause it to jam. I eventually pulled it off.

AEC84DF6-9BD5-4878-87ED-A57A69554139.jpeg

I had the “Goofy foot” gas pedal and dimmer in my old ‘72 F250. Loved the gas pedal, dimmer not so much. If you hit the dimmer anything less than a perfect flat hit, it would torque the switch and cause it to jam. I eventually pulled it off.

View attachment 1715443373
My power wagon was like that without the lil foot. Replaced switch a few times. I made a wedge,corrected the angle and never replaced the switch again...
The fargo will rarely be out at night so no worries there.

Found it! 45 years i have been dragging it around..
38EA8CE4-2F67-4564-B125-81D533C72E69.jpeg

Looking at photos, i guess it was a champion. All i remember was the center part that could have been a headlight.

Looking at photos, i guess it was a champion. All i remember was the center part that could have been a headlight.
The ‘51 Chamion looks like this. That hood ornament always sticks in my mind because of the gently curved up wing tips.

ACEE9805-FB7B-42D4-9AD0-936C2C3DE02F.jpeg

Wonder if its still there. Was way in the bush where i used to target practice.

I have a blue "Its a Boy!" lapel button that was given to my mom at the hospital when I was born. Its in my tool box and has been in there since I remember having tools.

Pearl drum set, 35 years now, I have slowed down playing them some what, country and jazz don't require a full set.
I have learned less is more in some instances

20190812_114809.jpg

-
Back