Think i got Screwed

-
why do people have to take advantgage over younger people.....i made a BIG mistake by going alone on my first sale

find out who has his power of attorney. if he is in the military, typically one of the parents has this power.

they are switching around stories so much. that it's confusing me and i'm about to say screw it and sign this *** holes name

nah, i was just on the mo sit, trying to help this youngin out.lol

they are switching around stories so much. that it's confusing me and i'm about to say screw it and sign this *** holes name

don't talk about it, be about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Hope you have a good notary, Just sign it and move on we do at the auctions all the time.

I'd get my buddy....Micky Finn...to handle it

If you forge his name you may be setting yourself up for
1)forgery
2)identity theft
3)"theft by deception"
4)"larceny"
5)"grand theft auto"( not the game)

and possibly other charges!

IF you don't get in trouble for that right away, it could still get you a few years later. Do not open yourself up to trouble.

My $0.02

Its a broken 95 eagle talon, no one is going to care, not the cops, not the DMV, not the guy on the title, and I hate to tell you but I think you paid to much, the former owners are probably laughing all the way to the bank, sign it, tag it, fix it, drive it, sell it,

If you forge his name you may be setting yourself up for
1)forgery
2)identity theft
3)"theft by deception"
4)"larceny"
5)"grand theft auto"( not the game)

and possibly other charges!

IF you don't get in trouble for that right away, it could still get you a few years later. Do not open yourself up to trouble.

My $0.02

The seller agreed to sign the other persons name. so i wont be doing it

Its a broken 95 eagle talon, no one is going to care, not the cops, not the DMV, not the guy on the title, and I hate to tell you but I think you paid to much, the former owners are probably laughing all the way to the bank, sign it, tag it, fix it, drive it, sell it,

I probably did pay too much. but it's still fun to fix these cars. race the snot out of them. then sell them

Well update here. (PO SAID REBUILT engine...well i was curious and i started it up...) what do you know a blown engine............$%$#@@% i hate pricks

Well update here. (PO SAID REBUILT engine...well i was curious and i started it up...) what do you know a blown engine............$%$#@@% i hate pricks

why did you buy it if:

#1 you didn't hear it running
#2 you bought it with the papers messed up?

conartists look for people like that to sell stuff to. you never buy a car that you can't hear running unless you don't care if it runs (engine upgrade)

Don't know about your state laws but here in MD the title does not ask for a notary, you just show up with title and signatures and proper forms that you fill out. They don't question you about who's signature is on the title or ask for proof of who signed what or even have anything to compare the origial owners signature against. If anybody asks after the fact who signed what I would say the brother did. His word against yours and by then the car is in your name.

It was all a scam the guys real name is jason maddie. and he is now threatening me for calling the cop's.......over 900 dollars.....and now i may lose my life

I told myself I wasnt going to post on this n e more but I can't help myself as its halfway funny now.

If you legally purchased the vehicle and have both vehicle and title, you can litteraly do whatever you want.....n e thing. If the title has the required signitures on it that look like the printed name of the registered owner/s then there is nothing to worry about. It doesnt matter how the hell the signatures got there as long as you made a legal transaction with a seller.

Meaning, as long as you didnt steal the car and break into someones house to steal the title, and as long as the "seller" didnt do that either, there will be no issues.

If an actual legal transaction took place no one can tell you that you are responsible for any of the seller/s signatures etc. Any question regarding the authenticity of the signatures would have to be passed on to the seller in this legal transaction. Which means you can add whatever signatures you want in this legal transaction.

However, if you just bought a car and title from someone who stole the car and the title out of someones house, there will still be no issues regarding signatures, but most likely the property would be confiscated by police and redistributed to the rightful owner.

Either way, how you decide to sign the title does not matter if to the best of your knowledge you are making and have made a legal purchase. The Thought Police are NOT going to come after you.

JMHO

Bad Shrimp :pottytra:

P.S. Forgive me for n e spelling errors.

I'm havin trouble believin all this hooha is about a piece of crap Eagle Talon.

I just read this whole thread and need some clarification.

It seems that you bought a car with a blown motor. The guy that sold it to you had a open title, but his name was not on it. The title was signed by one of the guys that he bought it from, but not the other owner. Now he is refusing to give you your money back and making threats to you because you got the police involved?

Does this sound about right so far up to this point?!?

yep. a lil update on the car. tore it apart today and #4 piston is ate to ****. time to go junk it for 200 and except my 700dollar loss. not a horrible amount of money lost i suppose

try and get some of your money back by parting out as much of it as you can on craigslist before you junk it

Dang, after reading all of this, I would've come over and kicked you in the nuts for a hundred bucks and you still would've been money ahead.

-
Back