think its fair?

-
He said he'd "drag your hunk of junk" down the street, are you sure he isn't talk'n a pull out???? I agree, some diesels run, but unless somebody is willing to shell out mega bucks on them, your in for an easy hundred bucks. I did see some diesels drive in to our drag strip, and one Ram ran high 11's, and that was impressive for a lifted Quad cab, but I imagine there were thousands upon thousands for him to get it there.

Yea, i dont see this kid havin that, his trucks pretty roachy, and not a pull off deffinately a race lol

Trust me, its a 7.3L. It ain't gonna run that fast. They are known for being reliable which is why i bought mine, not for big horsepower numbers. You could set him out and run him down. I believe you also said kid, no offense to any one but most don't understand what power is. Last kid i raced with a diesel didn't even know what the button was on the floor of the car. Lol

I'd be careful, you never know what you're about to get into. I've seen a few of diesels running 10's and high 9's around here (not the norm, but there are a few)....Its really fun to watch something that big and heavy hauling the mail.

You're probably fine, just don't get caught in the smoke screen.:D
hey guys we are only talking a hundred bucks here. not running for titles.

Well was just thinking about this because the guy with the 7.3 backed out and doesn't want to race......but a friend of my cousin, said his car goes 11.70 and said he's gonna spank me..he's got a 1970 duster with a 408 stroker. Iron head that he ported "he's 20". .530 lift hydraulic flat tappet cam, 3.91 gears with 255 drag radial.....so the old coronet is getting a new pair of shoes and were gonna see what happens, I don't think I'll have a problem handling this one.....if he doesn't back out

Most of the diesel trucks make alot of noise and produce alot of smoke. lol
don't worry, the smoke and noise will be behind you, he's not going to catch you.

That's what I was thinking, after some tuning maybe 11 teens. But we will find out

Don't discount that stroked small block..put many a big block back on the trailer with a "stock stroke" small block:D:D:D

This all started 2/1/2015 and here we are in August and it still hasn't happened?
My my my...

This all started 2/1/2015 and here we are in August and it still hasn't happened?
My my my...

yup ty,pical diesel guys around here, talk talk talk.

and about that $100 i saw him yesterday and said something to him and he said he was just joking about the race....go figure lol

-
Back