Thinking about a 360 magnum?Some ????

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Gonna talk to a guy I know tomorrow about a low mileage 360 Magnum(I believe its a 91?)So to swap it in place of a LA 360,what all do I need to change?It,s a complete motor with alternator and pully,s,fuel injection,starter.I would be swapping to carb and I have a 2500 stall with weights on it.Will I need the B&M flywheel with weights?Headers fit?Oil pan&pickup?Thanks for any help and will post what year and vehicle it,s out of tomorrow.

,what all do I need to change? It,s a complete motor with alternator and pully,s,fuel injection,starter.I would be swapping to carb and I have a 2500 stall with weights on it.Will I need the B&M flywheel with weights?Headers fit?Oil pan&pickup?Thanks for any help and will post what year and vehicle it,s out of tomorrow.

You'll need a fuel pump, electric or swap out everything on the front of the block to a "LA" design and install a fuel pump ecentric.

The converter issue I'm not sure if B&M has something for that one.

Standard headers or manifolds wil work.

The truck pan is a rear sump, the car pans are mid sump. Pick type will follow pan type.

360 Magnum = 92+. I beileve. Could be '93 for the 360. I forget.

the weighted converter for a 71 to 91 360 is different the a magnum...

the magnum actually uses less weight on the converter due to lighter rods and pistons.

b&m did make a flexplate for the magnum..

the weighted converter for a 71 to 91 360 is different the a magnum...

the magnum actually uses less weight on the converter due to lighter rods and pistons.

b&m did make a flexplate for the magnum..

SO! B&M made/makes a flex plate to use a neutral balance converter?

'93 was the 1st year for a 360 Magnum.
If you use a '95-up flex plate, it has the correct weight, but you'll need to oval out 1 hole a slight bit to make it work on the older convertors, because they changed to a symmetrical bolt pattern in '94.
'95 was the 1st year for the weight being mounted to the flex plate for the 5.9.
I believe I do have a '95-up flex plate here for $15.

Better make sure you're dealing with a Magnum, first.

Mark.

Yeah,I,m gonna get some #,s and facts first to see if it,s worth doing the swap.Might even just pull the LA360,freshen it up,maybe new cam and intake?It,s been a mistory re-build since I purchased it.The PO spent money on the pistons,crank and cam,but cheaped out on other parts.Some of the pushrods look worn closed?(no oil?)Intake and d.side head are off,pass.head off tomorrow.
P.S Just bought my 2500 stall for LA360.

.Some of the pushrods look worn closed?(no oil?).

LA's use solid ball ends on the pushrods. Rockers are oiled through the rockershafts. I beleive Magnums have hollow pushrods, and the rockers get oil from the lifter through the pushrods (like a brand-x).

if the fuely system is good you could sell that and get maby enough to make it all worth it lol. i would be interested if i had money and know someone else would be to

I called the shop today that has the 360,DUH!Today is a civic holiday up here.I,ll have to find out for sure what year it is tomorrow.

-
Back