Thinking out loud..

-
I am at 1000 rwhp now at 10 psi and 30* max timing with a aggressive retard ramp. I think I can get it to 1300. But in the future I like the idea of a lighter and smaller small block up front.

SLOOOWWWW fighting traction.. 1.68 has been my best 60'. But it went 128mph in the 1/8th Saturday..

I went 6.01 @ 125. has been my best et. launch at 3200 on the brake no boost. I am so frustrated with the suspension tuning it drives my bonkers. Although biggest problem may just be the track. I haven't ran it at a decent track yet because I don't have my comp license. But that will be done real soon. just need to make my passes..

29x13.5 hoosier quicktime pro. 11" tread width. 90/10 up front with small block torsions. Morrison adj ladders out back with QA1 single adjustable coils and a anti roll bar. I haven't ran in Bremerton since the turbo set up. to fast. I will be doing my license passes out there. Probably the 13th.That used to be my place to go to.

Hmm.. is the car just spinning immediatly? What lb springs are in the back? Might be time to get some double adjustable all the way around..

Ya I t spins a little then when boost starts it will usually rattle the tire a little then haze them all the way down track. Pedaling doesn't work

Ya I t spins a little then when boost starts it will usually rattle the tire a little then haze them all the way down track. Pedaling doesn't work

Sounds like your front location on the cross member is in the wrong spot. That car should hook with Ladder Bars and them meats out back!

Have you had a suspension tuning guy look at it? Should be an easy fix!

^ yeah I agree.. a ladder bar car usually never has issues.. have you found out your instant center, anti squat and all that stuff to see if its where it should be?

id get it corner scaled and see where its at as well..

Sounds like your front location on the cross member is in the wrong spot. That car should hook with Ladder Bars and them meats out back!

Have you had a suspension tuning guy look at it? Should be an easy fix!

No I haven't. But I've tried down and middle. Down was worse. Pinion angle is about 1.5-2 down

No I haven't. But I've tried down and middle. Down was worse. Pinion angle is about 1.5-2 down

Do you know how many degrees down the ladder bar is in relationship to the ground on the front hangers? My buddy pete is a Chassis guy and he is telling me a good start is 2* down and then adjust your pinion angle after that is set.

You may need to cut out the front cross member and re do it! Also with your ARB, are you messing with the preload also? I would probably take it off and start with just the ladder bars get it to hook and then bring the ARB into the equation. I think you could chase your tail trying to set up both at the same time.

Do you have a locator or a Panhard bar?

That ladders actually are almost level with the ground maybe a hair up in the front. The arb is neutral. No preload it still keeps it from twisting. I had them slightly down angle and spun worse.

I would set it up 2* down on ladder bars. Pinion at 1* Down depending on where your driveline sits & take off the ARB until you figure it out.

How about your front suspension? Are you getting full travel out of it topping out the shocks on launch? Is anything binding up?

My little Scamp feels like it Pulls the front wheels going 30 MPH in second smacking the Juice. I have a lot of front suspension movement it tops off right away. Loose as a goose! Its on Mono Leafs and caltracs though. Caltrac 90/10's up front and RMS Adjustable Strut Rods with Heim Joints.

I'd find that hard to believe. They aren't that old and I don't run that much . It's always parked rear hanging.

Are you talking to me? Did you see my sig? lol

Yeah, it doesn't say anything about how fast it is or how fast you want to go. I was making a suggestion. Good luck with the build, be safe.

Sorry but he is talking 1500 hp not 550... 7 second car talk you might want to sit this one out..

This is all fine, but no need to be condescending about it, shows lack of character.

I'd find that hard to believe. They aren't that old and I don't run that much . It's always parked rear hanging.

Maybe I just talked to my buddy Pete about your problem.

1) How much your car weigh?
2) What springs are under it now in the rear now?

Yeah, it doesn't say anything about how fast it is or how fast you want to go. I was making a suggestion. Good luck with the build, be safe.

Ya big block big turbo. It's fast. Just not quick. Thanks! Maybe I'll see you at the track some time. I see your in Seattle .

Maybe I just talked to my buddy Pete about your problem.

1) How much your car weigh?
2) What springs are under it now in the rear now?

It should be a hair under 3200 with me. As for springs I'd have to check again but I believe they are 140 #

Ya big block big turbo. It's fast. Just not quick. Thanks! Maybe I'll see you at the track some time. I see your in Seattle .

My bad, I didn't decipher it right, read your thread wrong too. :violent1: I'll get to TnT one of these days!

-
Back