Third Member Question

-

Jeff Oest

Reaction score
Is the 2070741 Third Member in a 64 the same as a 65 and up? I believe its the same. I have found a few and will purchase if they are. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Is the 2070741 Third Member in a pre 64 the same as a post 65? Will they work in the post 65 as a
Is the 2070741 Third Member in a pre 64 the same as a post 65? Will they work in the post 65 as a direct swap? I have found a few and will purchase if they are. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
The 2070741 is on a 64 8.75 I believe since it has the pressed on hubs

Last edited:
I haven't played with one that early but have always read all 3rd member unit's can be used in any year housing. No guarantees though

Yes the third members are all interchangeable into the housings... the HOUSING ends may be different bolt patterns for the backing plates, at least they were on 59 8.75 rear out of a Canadian Dodge Regent I just parted.

And yes the early (up to 64) used the tapered hubs onto the axles but the same spline count into the third member.

Yes the third members are all interchangeable into the housings... the HOUSING ends may be different bolt patterns for the backing plates, at least they were on 59 8.75 rear out of a Canadian Dodge Regent I just parted.

And yes the early (up to 64) used the tapered hubs onto the axles but the same spline count into the third member.
Thanks for info!

-
Back