third time at track...OK but.........

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
..I only had 4/5ths full throttle!

So it was all a bit of a waste of time..

EXCEPT - the ProSystems Holley double pumper completely fixed the lean out at WOT.

Since these runs Ive :

- Fixed the cable "throw" so I'm getting WOT
- Swapped the pump diaphragms around..which reduced my 0-60 by 2/10ths!

and will be reducing the shooter size....

I still believe an 11 is within reach given the shocking state of tune the carb was in during these runs which netted a 12.4.

[ame]http://youtu.be/tcDDnKrpXj4[/ame]

Very nice!!! 12.4's is nothing to sneeze at.

Doesn't sound like you have a lot of converter or gear? I do think you're making some serious power though. :thumbrig:

Keep on it Rat--!!!!!!!!!! We were high 10's after some tuning--Swifter

I think your sitting on the wrong side of the car mate !!!!!!! Swifter

LOL-you know what your right it's down right cold over here !!!!!!! Steve

3500 stall, cope 727 full manual, 3.91 gears with 27" tyre.

Cant go too crazy as we go shopping in this car ! Lol!

Good to see the 60 ft improvement I think you will struggle to get into the 11's with that convertor , but I'd like to be proven wrong . 4000 + convertors are good fun for a squirt round the block but not so much on a long drive through traffic , I wonder how much help a 2.74 1st gear would be , probably not much for alot of money .

Sounds pretty good what mufflers you using.

Just as a recap, what all were you running engine wise? Big change over stock or fairly mild? I just barely cracked 13's with my stock 5.7, but then again I never did get a good launch and I have no real idea where my homemade tune is since I've never had a dyno run on it to see.

Magnaflow mufflers

Its a pretty loose 3500 converter... I gave up on hi stall launches that day cos it made lottle difference due to the carb tuning.....Ill be working the converter harder nxt time out. :)

Stock 6.1 , 218/227@50 555/565 cam, with shorty headers, 2.5" exhaust, 27def all in....cam is still pulling when I hit the reline set at 6800 - which Im gonna back off to 6600 till I get better valve springs....

The 2/10ths improvement was 0-60mph.....havent tested the 60ft at the track yet....but it HAS to be better....the .035th squirters have made it sharper also.

Ah, 6.1 would be the big difference compared to my numbers. By all accounts I'm supposed to be in low 13's and possibly even high 12's based on horsepower, weight, and gearing, but I'm still a ways from figuring that one out. I plan to hit the track again when it opens up to see how the new trans does. Shouldn't really make a big difference since the gear ratios are dang close to the old 4 speed, but it might have a little less driveline loss. The big question will be whether the cam makes it into the car before or after I make it to the track.

-
Back