This 71 Cuda has been sitting out all winter.

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
So my dream car has always been a 1971 Cuda. If I had one even 1/4 this nice it wouldn't sit out in the yard all Montana winter. I have seen this thing sitting here for the last couple months. At first I thought it was for sale but there is no signs or local ads for it. If it's a real FM3 with billboards, rubber bumpers, and spoilers, it's pretty rare. Maybe somebody got it in a divorce and decided to stick it in somebody's nose in the front yard.

vbpgimage.php

So my dream car has always been a 1971 Cuda. If I had one even 1/4 this nice it wouldn't sit out in the yard all Montana winter. I have seen this thing sitting here for the last couple months. At first I thought it was for sale but there is no signs or local ads for it. If it's a real FM3 with billboards, rubber bumpers, and spoilers, it's pretty rare. Maybe somebody got it in a divorce and decided to stick it in somebody's nose in the front yard.

vbpgimage.php

I wouldn't think twice of going to the door and ask!

I would buy a car cover and approach the owner with my gift. I would give them my #, a blank unsigned check and drive off and await the call. lol

Not for nothing, but the car is worth more than the house. So I would knock on the door and ask if the bird bath is for sale, tell them you have thing for sea horse's.

Then ask about the car

Knock, if its not for sale now it will be eventually, that's how I ended up with mine. Wasn't for sale for 10 years but I knocked every year to remind him I wanted it.

That's shameful. ...and I seriously doubt the owner doesn't know what it is.......:banghead:

cars sitting in the front of the house/barn here in missouri are always for sale, that's why we park them there, no sign, that's costs money!!!!

It's there so people know how important he is and come and make him feel wanted by knocking and asking.

Unless it was a wild custom color order, it's not an original FM3 Cuda. FM3 was only sprayed during the sound half of the 1970 model year.

If he's got that out in the yard, I wonder what gems he has covered up?

boss... you've driven PAST this car HOW many times!!? Stop in - say hi - find out what the F is going on - who gives a sh#t if you're ultimately just stroking the owners ego.. I mean come ON - that car is worth a stop - - PERIOD. Like my wife says "can't tell not knowing".

Suck's i will never have a cuda' and this asshat just let's it sit outside!wtf!

Unless it was a wild custom color order, it's not an original FM3 Cuda. FM3 was only sprayed during the sound half of the 1970 model year.

If he's got that out in the yard, I wonder what gems he has covered up?

I was wondering, and it looks more magenta then pink, but people always mess up the FM3.
I think maybe somebody is going to "fix" it. I think the bumpers are painted not the rubber coated, and the windows have a cheep tint job. The rear spoiler looks like a AAR style. The property, although a bit junky with a simple house, is worth 1/2 million or more just because of development potential. Looks like 4 acres in an area they could subdivide and put 20+ lots with the average home going $285k here.
I still remember the $5000 Plum Crazy 71 Cuda at the used car lot I thought I could never afford in 1987, or the 71 440 GTX with airgrabber in Hemi Orange I thought was crazy at $7000 in near perfect shape. At least I got a test drive in the GTX. Ironically the next year I spent $5000 on a used 86 5.0 Mercury Cougar. Should of bought the Cuda.

boss... you've driven PAST this car HOW many times!!? Stop in - say hi - find out what the F is going on - who gives a sh#t if you're ultimately just stroking the owners ego.. I mean come ON - that car is worth a stop - - PERIOD. Like my wife says "can't tell not knowing".

All they can say is no, but you can at least plant the seed in their mind and leave a phone number. Their probably storing it for someone for whatever reason, or it wouldn't be setting out in the elements. Tough times, or divorce, who knows. I've bought a car or two that was in someone's back yard wasting away.

Go knock on the door. My Swinger didn't have a sign in the window. It was sitting in a guys yard. I left a note on the car and went back a couple days later, talked to the owner and bought it.

I bought the duster from a man delivering newspapers with it everyday,ask him at a mailbox ,he gave me a price and that he would be home in 4 hours, i was waiting in the driveway with my trailer and the cash when he got home.....worse thing they can say in not for sell#%$#*&

-
Back