This gives me hope for the future

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Since I own a car similar to this , I guess I know how I'll fund my retirement.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Du...tr=true&hash=item20f977d689&item=141624333961

Here's what I see:

1. Upper rad hose is a flex hose. For 12K there better be a molded hose, preferably with correct stamps.

2. Engine bay painted black. We all know that's a no-no.

3. Trunk coated with GM splatter paint. Another non-no. I don't recall seeing a bag for the jack ever before though.

4. Black bumpers. No.

5. Obviously dash is cut for a newer radio. Guess this one one would get a pass since a lot of people like a modern radio.

6. Cheapo 3-gauge hanging off the dash, and it's missing one of the gauges. Not in a 12k car.

7. 2-groove alternator in a single-groove application. Haven't people learned this yet.

All in all, I like this car. I can tell it was restored by a non-Mopar person. I guess I'm both surprised and happy that a non-AC, brown 318 car is capable of bringing this kind of money now. I figured this would at least be 4-speed 360 territory for a '74.

Makes me glad I invested the $1200 in my red AC car years ago :cheers:

It must be worth it because it has been bid up to that price.

well its sitting at a dealer , posted on ebay, with probably 3/4 of the employess sitting at computers running the bidding up . that would be my guess

Could be, but you're sure not gonna get that good of a start for free.

If it was for sale on here it would be at least 15 or more and everybody would be talkin about what a awesome ride it is.

Could be, but you're sure not gonna get that good of a start for free.

If it was for sale on here it would be at least 15 or more and everybody would be talkin about what a awesome ride it is.

nope, half of us would claim no beak nose car is ever worth more then 8

nope, half of us would claim no beak nose car is ever worth more then 8

The Dusters don't classify as a beak car to me. The 73 and up Darts sure are though. I think a real nice one like Scott (PettyBlueDart) has or had would bring good money. That car was super nice.

And there's another young man that has an orange one that I like on here. It's a nice car too. I generally don't like the 73 and up Darts, but I recognize a nice car in anything when it's nice.

that is definitely not a beak car ...its not a dart/ dart sport ......sorry :???: not that there is anything wrong with "beak cars" but this is not one

interesting, I thought all 73 and ups were considered beakers
I guess this one isn't as pronounced as the dart sports

I like how someone hosed the entire underside with black paint, but the kicker for me is that they painted the back bumper but not the front????

I like the description too, could you throw the codes around a little more, I didn't get the gist of what the car really is!!! And the "I've been told this is the best year to have in the 4th generation Dusters"!!!! What????.....

Yes, Rob is right. '73 Duster is not considered "beak nose". That is a pretty nice car. 12k nice I don't know,but sure does have some nice options and looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind having it. But that is my Mopar problem.

Somebody's got get paid for writing that description of the car! That's worth a couple thousand alone!

Two things wrong 318 and it IS a "beak nose"..if someone is going to pay that kind of money for it good for seller...

That non factory sunroof kills it for me, they looked terrible in my opinion.
Nice car overall though, i must say.

I'm with you on that one. The aftermarket sunroof looks like crap. And the painted bumpers, and that's the worst looking tach mount I ever saw.

I hate sunroofs. Period. They didn't come down the assembly line like that. No unibody car should have one, IMO, since the roof is part of the structural integrity of the car. "Factory" or not, I will not have one.

If I had known what I know now when I started, I would have jump on this. I have more than this in my 74'Duster and it's not this nice. But I do agree with Rusty and Dartnut, that Sun roof is bad.

If it had been in my area (and I had seen the listing sooner) I would have bid on it, and would have paid what it ultimately sold for. I would be dead now, though, as soon as my wife saw the checkbook. I hate the fact that somebody cut a hole in the roof and a hole in the dash. But I was really happy that it had power wipers! Who would have ever thought of that! Whoever wrote the description of the car is a funny guy.

It never sold.

Then it wasn't worth what they were asking, was it? It was sure in the right place to find out.

Sunroof aside, I think it was a nice little car. Nicer than mine. Nicer than a lot on here, I bet. It can be argued all day what it's worth. Who cares? The only way to find out is do what they did.

-
Back