This here's a story

-

Dartn440

Reaction score
Sometimes I just need to get it out....
Been divorced from my ex for about ten years. All of my children have chosen to live with me except the youngest, that's just a matter of time.

Was ordered to pay temporary child support when we divorced of $500 a month for 5 years. She opted to have a vehicle and the difference. So I bought her the jeep she wanted, made payments, and sent her a check for the difference.

After the vehicle was all paid off my daughter began driving it. The vehicle required a lot of repairs. Not my issue. I paid for it, maintaining it was her issue. This jeep was subject to beach salt and hurricane conditions. Eventually it stopped running and she asked me to fix it. I refused, but my new wife paid for the repairs.

At the time of the repairs I offered to buy the vehicle outright, agree to maintain it, insure it, and register it. The price I offered was just above wholesale since I already paid $30k for it. I also added that my ex would no longer have an obligation to my daughter for a car. If the vehicle became unserviceable I would furnish my daughter with a car up to $20k. She wanted another $1500. I told her to stick it.

The jeep caught fire and burned to the ground as a total loss shortly after. The ex came to me wanting money to buy my daughter a car. I told her to stick it. Advised her to use her insurance money, set back some for repairs, and buy a reliable used car. She did not set any back, bought a car using all of the money.

My daughter has driven the car a few years now and it is not reliable. No one can maintain it. So here we are again. This time my daughter is actually listening to her dad. Her mom was refusing to give her the title because she didn't want her to trade it. Supposedly she will, but it does not matter, running the vin, we found out my daughter's car was in a severe rear collision and is worthless on trade.

So....I just traded my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie truck on a 2016 Chrysler 200S. I essentially used my equity to buy the car and would have literally written a check for it if I could have traded my daugher's car in. My daughter will pay the difference and I co-signed her loan. I told my daughter if she ever gets the title she will give me her car.

My ex is angry that she was not involved in my daughter's decision to trade her car. She is 19, lives on her own at college, and I pay all her tuition, books, and fees.

It really is so ridiculous it is funny....angry at me...lol! Yeah I feel better now....

I'm havin' a REAL hard time following this.

It took your ex wife and your daughter "how long?" to destroy this Jeep? And the daughter is still under 18? And or you are still paying (or not paying) for her car? Whut?

Sounds like you need to find the daughter a boyfriend, not another car LMAO

You are a saint! If I had a kid in this situation, I would tell her that because she lives with her mom, she should look to her mom for everything she needs. But I have no kids, so it is probably too easy for me to say that. I was a "wicked stepfather" for 12 years and after the divorce, all I was to him was a piggy bank until I wised up.

I've been married for 39 years,now. I put up with a lot of doo-doo, to not be in your shoes. My kids are 31,33,and 35; and still costing me both time, and money...................
Life is hard and then you die.
I'm building treasures in heaven........................

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Women are so completely different from men.And boys are; ignorant, stupid, and almost totally unable to control their urges. Ignorant of the power a woman can exercise over him, stupid enough to allow it, and blinded by those urges. At least I was. And I was old enough to know better, meeting my wife-to-be, at age 22.5. Ahh, such is life. We are fearfully and wonderfully created.
Glad to see your kids are coming around, and that you are still being a father to them.Noah was 500 years old when he and his sons embarked on a hundred year project, building a honking big barge of a boat. That's commitment. Every once in a while I think about that.

I came from divorced parents who pointed the finger at each other to be responsible for my needs. I paid rent to live at home from 14 until I left at 17 and never went back. I have everything I do because I went after it. Getting rid of my truck is no big deal. I will get another. My daughter is being responsible and she is going to pay for the difference and I own her car that needs repairs. The national bank of dad is always open, but you are going to lift your end.

Pay attention to 3:50 - 4:15 so if things escalate, you will be prepared...

[ame]https://youtu.be/n4fKB-DOM_A[/ame]

It is apparent that you try your best to take care of your kids. I will say though you have already went above and beyond your responsibility.

when your kids are old enough, they will realize what you did for them, and the stupid crap your wife did.. trust me.

any ofd us that have dealt with an "X" have plenty of war stories. this one is just funny! ( funny, not funny funny).

after paying child support for how?? many years, never once late, I am sued by her for more child support. I was just " retired" from a company after 12 years. hire an attorney, costs me $1800. she is a legal sec for a law firm. free lawyer. they send papers back and forth then we go to court.

the first question the judge asks the X is : so why do you need more child support mame?" she replies "well judge I have 2 other children>"

case dismissed....

Yeah I left out the part where boyfriend of the ex left her for the neighbor and she was in need of more money. Last year I was back on court and she wanted more money. She added her new boyfriend's kids to the child support worksheet. My attorney had a field day with that.

And here I was thinking you were a young gun and turns out your kid is young gun age lol

-
Back