THIS IS so COMPLICATED!!!! LMAO

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I know some of you guys fret and fidget about some of us that run Linux, but if it weren't for certain twists and turns in the Zen vaporfield of blue tensional force, 'er somethin, we could ALL be usin' an X based OS. By that I mean of course "little bill."

Read. It's complicated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenix

This quote is quite telling, I think. By the way, I guess you know, MS did not originate "MS-DOS."

===================================

"Microsoft omitted multiuser support from its own MS-DOS operating system because Xenix had it.[29] The company planned to over time improve MS-DOS so it would be almost indistinguishable from single-user Xenix, or XEDOS, which would also run on the 68000, Z8000, and LSI-11; they would be upwardly compatible with Xenix, which BYTE in 1983 described as "the multi-user MS-DOS of the future".[30][31] Microsoft advertised DOS and Xenix together, listing the shared features of its "single-user OS" and "the multi-user, multi-tasking, UNIX-derived operating system", and promising easy porting between them."

I like winhozed just fine, thanks.

Well Rob, LMAO seems to me you were cryin' and bitchin awhile back that it DIDn't work LOL

But the point I was trnna make is that if "things had been" a little bit different, WNDOZ might be "x" based.

Many of your phones are X based

Android is X based

There's a reason "Mac" calls it "OS-X"

and since Microshaft used to be wound up in Xenix.....................

Maybe learn to spell before you go into telling us how good another OX is...

There's nothing wrong with my spelling talents. What specifically are you bitching about? OH!! WAIT!! You just wanted to *****!!!

"another OX?" REALLY?? LMAO

Well Rob, LMAO seems to me you were cryin' and bitchin awhile back that it DIDn't work LOL

But the point I was trnna make is that if "things had been" a little bit different, WNDOZ might be "x" based.

Many of your phones are X based

Android is X based

There's a reason "Mac" calls it "OS-X"

and since Microshaft used to be wound up in Xenix.....................

I was but I got it ironed out. I have had the occasional trouble but I always seem to fix it.

this is a really weird thread for a car enthusiast forum.

IT pro 15yrs I'm fairly OS agnostic. I feel it the same as cars... run what you want. It all pays the same to me. Its not like there are not service bays fixing POS the slick sales rep just sold. that goes for IT or cars...

except in IT *alot* is sold "first to market" on a sales brochure and it doesnt work right out of the box. "We'll fix it in the field" MFers...

except in IT *alot* is sold "first to market" on a sales brochure and it doesnt work right out of the box. "We'll fix it in the field" MFers...

We're just their unpaid beta testers! LOL!

been using Linux for years now...love it....hate windows...

been using Linux for years now...love it....hate windows...

I recently had a little glitch with Mint I could not resolve. Bought a new SSD for the Thinkpad T520 and went to Ubuntu "Mate" which is now a pre-configured distro.

Boy is that new SSD FAST

I recently had a little glitch with Mint I could not resolve. Bought a new SSD for the Thinkpad T520 and went to Ubuntu "Mate" which is now a pre-configured distro.

Boy is that new SSD FAST

I'm still learning about all the different STDs there are and how fast and easy they are to catch.

-
Back