This is why newer cars stink

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Yeah ok you should not be doing this but like wow 50 miles isn't that far--not at 130 mph or so--the police always stretch the truth, I don't buy the 140 mph and even so it the car has overdrive. Heck I recall going flat out for a good hour once--way back in the 55mph days..me and another car black in color were sea sawing for the lead back, at no time was one of us more than a 1/4 mile away from each other. Oh yeah I seen lights once, police was park watching traffic the other way when we both flew on past, in my rear view mirror I seen the red spinning light on the MSP car--and never seen it again:cheers Ah life before cell phones in cars.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...SUIT?SITE=OKSHA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Former NASCAR racer gets jail time following chase

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (AP) -- A former NASCAR driver pleaded guilty Tuesday to leading sheriff's deputies on a freeway chase that reached 140 mph in his Corvette.

James Neal, 56, of San Clemente was sentenced to a month in jail and probation after entering his plea to felony evasion while driving recklessly.

Orange County sheriff's deputies tried to pull over Neal at 3 a.m. Monday in San Clemente for not having a front license plate on his 2003 Chevrolet Corvette, a minor infraction that he could have settled without a fine, sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said.

Neal refused to stop and sped onto Interstate 5, where the California Highway Patrol took over the chase, Amormino said. Neal raced south at speeds of up to 140 mph and quickly pulled away from CHP officers.

"He was going so fast that they lost sight of him," Amormino said.

Because the infraction wasn't serious enough and Neal was endangering other drivers, officers decided to stop pursuing him, he said

Neal finally pulled over after his engine blew up near La Jolla, 50 miles from where the chase started. Deputies arrested him without a struggle.

"You drive any car that far, about 50 miles, and that fast, it'll blow up because it's not built for that," Amormino said.

Neal was a NASCAR track racer at the old Ascot Park track in Gardena in the early 1980s, said Daytona Beach, Fla.-based NASCAR. He never won a national race.

That car is 8 years old, you know he must have had the engine and trans replaced. Those Corvettes are light weight--if you pour the money in to them....but then I hear of people getting killed cause they just lightly clip the front of a car passing on the freeway and the Vette flip over, killing the driver.

And yeah, I bet he built it with newer GM parts--or better yet Chinese cast stroke cranks and rods.

I wanna hear about the cars engine-who rebuilt it and like was a stroker-had Hyper pistons, ect8)

They always leave out the good stuff, ha ha. Guess his cell mates will hear about it...I bet his pissed off at his engine shop....I like how there was no front license plate--dude thought his car was so fast nobody could mess with him, so he removed his front plate and hit the road for some late night action. Too bad for him the motor blew

I bet he never thought of that hapening:supz:

I had a 74 mazda rx4 when I was young and it would go all day on praire roads at 132 mph (then the rev limiter kicked in) piece of **** 5speed with 3rd gone. Drove it like that for a year. It got totaled by a drunk driver who hit it from behind when it was parked on side of road. It was great at speed. Slow to get up there , but always pulled to rev limits.Guess it was better than a corvette! Now forget I admited to owning a NO CAR. (MOPAR or NO CAR!)

Somehow because he's a nascrap driver, im not shocked that he did something so stupid.

I think the problem wasnt that he did 140mph for 50 miles. Its that he wasnt doing 140mph for 50 miles in a circle. It got him all screwed up.

-
Back