This past weekend...

-

MB43

Reaction score
So, I went to Atco on Saturday and Englishtown on Sunday...

Atco had a $5k footbrake race. My car was running good, ran a 12.38 1st time run and a 12.44 2nd time run. So I dialed a 12.40.

1st round I go up, do my burnout, throw it into neutral to clear out the motor and then put it in 1st gear. Nothing. Put it in 2nd gear, nothing. 3rd gear, reverse, the same. The starting line guy comes over, asks what's wrong, I tell him I have no gears. So they try to push the car back, it won't move. They put it up on rollers and roll it away. When I get back to my put I find that the shifter cable broke and slammed the tranny into park. Good thing there's a speed shop at Atco, they had a new cable. I spent an hour or so getting the old one out, then another hour getting the new one in. Fixed, good as new. But I didn't get to race.

So then it's off to Englishtown on Sunday. When we get to the track I ask my buddy to help me check my throttle linkage to make sure it was opening all the way. Of course, it wasn't... So we fixed that.

1st time run was a 12.34, 2nd was a 12.35. So I dialed a 12.35 since it was getting hotter. I was up against a guy in a VW bug that had a 12.70 on the window. He came out of the hole and fell on his face, so I just kinda eased out and paced him all the way down the track. At the end I slammed it and hit the brakes when I was sure I was ahead of him, ran a 13.50 something and won.

2nd round I dialed a 12.32... while I was sitting in the staging lanes the motor was getting hotter and hotter and the volts were staying around 12, I kept trying to cool it off but it wouldn't. So when I got to the line it was around 200. Bogged out of the hole (of course), and ran a 12.48. By the time I got to the end of the track it was around 230 with less than 12 volts. So up on the trailer it went, I haven't even thought about having a look to see what the problem is this time.

To top it all off, all the way home my trailer brakes didn't work. The tail lights worked, but the brakes didn't. I think I've got a short in the plug, or there's something wrong with the brake controller.

At least we got away for the weekend.

Here's some pics from the E-Town track photographer:

http://www.davemilcarek.com/091706/p...7-1D 049.htm
http://www.davemilcarek.com/091706/p...7-1D 105.htm

Your pics didn't work for me....Seems like your bad luck followed you here.

Sorry bout the luck though.

Bad luck comes in three's. I guess you're done now. If that helps.
Guess that's what racing is all about. Happy with your time's? I don't think you said.
P.S. Love the pics.

OldVart said:
That's what I noticed first also Jack, it damned near pulled the front tires. Good launch Mikel.
Ya... so close, but yet so far. ;-)

Yeah, I'm happy with those times. The best it's ever run was a 12.21, that was in November without the mufflers. Now it's running low 12.30's in 80 degrees through the pipes.

I'm really hoping that the bad luck is over. But if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. :sad1:

Hey Mike , Tough luck , it's racing. Least you got to race. I finally got my butt to Bithlo(FL) and saw Guitar Jones lay down a couple of nice passes. A 6.85 comes to mind. I could only watch n be envious as my project is still in the works.

Now with pics!

100_3848.jpg

100_3850.jpg

100_3851.jpg

100_3852.jpg

100_3853.jpg

100_3854.jpg

100_3855.jpg

100_3856.jpg

100_3857.jpg

A couple more, this is my buddy's car... Yeah, I know it's not an A-Body. Not even a Mopar. But pretty damn fast!

100_3869.jpg

100_3870.jpg

100_3871.jpg

Yea your Duster looks nice a runs good. Get em next time. Oh and that brand Xer looks and runs good to. Ron

-
Back