This Post is Not for the faint of heart!

-

67gtx

Reaction score
1119001624.jpg

1119001624a.jpg

1119001624b.jpg

1119001624c.jpg

Looks Expensive.

Holy S***!!!! WTF happened?!?! I've never seen a piston like that.

(gone lean) been there done that more than once . its is hated when that happen's

My man if there was anywhere for that to happen it,s at the world finals.To me it shows your was giving it all you had.Good luck with the winter rebuild and go get them next year. Mark

What did the block look like? You gotta good conversation piece for the coffee table.

Piston is from Jay Payne's Top Alcohol Funny Car. This is all the NHRA recap had to say about his 2nd qualifying run: "Payne lost a little ground ober the first half of the track, then slowed, the car trailing blue smoke."

Actually I think thats detonation from being rich on a nitro engine. The block would be fine, the sleeve would be trashed. They are kind of designed to be "fixed" quickly unless the parts come out the side.

and I "thought" I got screwed by a shi**y engine builder!.

WOW

Those big hp motors are good at breaking parts. My friend broke two cranks in his A-Fuel car before figuring out the balancer went bad.

Jay Payne is Brad Anderson's son-in-law, so my theory is he doesn't have to worry about trashing alky Hemi's.:-D

He's a down-to-earth, friendly racer. Gave us the tour of his rig at Dallas one year, got my son dirty changing bearings (he loved it, wish he'd work on Dad's stuff that hard....)

If that happened to one of us average Joes i feel bad,but those racers are sponsered by big name companies i'm sure there was 2 more motor in the trailer to replace the one blown up...

i bet thats the norm for those rich mega sponsorered pro racers.but ouch!!!!

-
Back