this site is reaching iraq

-

GO DART

Reaction score
just had a captain pm me regaredin my car. he's stationed in iraq. can i post his pms on the site? he's asking some good questions and together we could help him alot. thinking about sending a care package w/ some mopar mags as hes looking at a 69 convertable dart gt. what do ypu guys think?

I'm sure he would love a care basket. Maybe you could ask for some donations through paypal from some of us, and ask him or some of the military guys on here what others in his unit would like in a gift basket.

GO DART said:
just had a captain pm me regaredin my car. he's stationed in iraq. can i post his pms on the site? he's asking some good questions and together we could help him alot.

Why not!!!
But if he pm'd you from here why cant he just post himself?

good question i'll tell him to start posting. he's looking for his first mopar muscle when he gets statside in january.

I have been lurking and reading the old posts just in case the questions I ask are well known to MOPAR fanatics. I wanted to get a feel for the board and its members before I start asking dumb newbie questions. Plus I have been overloaded with all the MOPAR sites on the world wide web. By the way, this one appears to be the most informative for A-body cars.

I am looking at my first MOPAR--actually only looking at pictures since I am currently in Iraq for the next 5 months. It's a numbers matching, non running 1969 Dodge Dart GT convertible with a 318, auto, and bench seats. Originally gold paint, now white exterior, white top, and white interior (yuck...). It is just a matter of getting my buddy down to put it on a trailer and move it to storage. It is definetely a project, but I think I can hack it with help from this board. I just want to build a fun, powerful and reliable weekend cruiser.

There are some mods I am looking at (blacked out twin scoop hood, 340/360 implant, change in paint and interior color, 15" ralleye wheels, etc) so you will see some posts from me in the proper forums.

Thanks and see you all on the boards!

Hey You have come the place if you want A body answers. Remenber that no question is a dumb one, everone here had to start with limited knowledge..Ask and ye shall receive..And you are doing a good thing..Keep your head low get home and build that MOPAR!!..from Newfoundland Canada!!!

i'm over here in iraq myself till nov of this year i'm a civillian contracter and have run into a few mopar and amc guys here i've been sharing my mopar muscle and mcg mags with these guys as they come in.i think the support for our military from all the people at home is great and believe me these guys deserve it.can't wait to get back myself and will be glad when all this is over so the rest of the guys here can go home too. cudos to all you guy's for wanting to do something for the fellows over here. :thumbup:

6pkmopar said:
cudos to all you guy's for wanting to do something for the fellows over here. :thumbup:

Well aren't they over there doing something for us?
Thanks for everything everyone is doing over there. You make us proud!
:salut:

My brother-in law is heading back over in October.

-
Back