This was the hood from a 1967 Dart GT

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Couple of months ago my brother in law sent me a link to this video:

He said "with all the tools you have, you should be able to make one of these"

I took that as a hint that he would like to have one. So I have.

As the title says this is the sheet metal from a badly damage 1967 Dart Gt hood and metal from my scrap pile.

The only purchased part is the piano hinge.

Herb

DSCF2015-1.jpg
DSCF2016-1.jpg
DSCF2017-1.jpg
DSCF2018-1.jpg
DSCF2019-1.jpg
DSCF2020-1.jpg
DSCF2021-1.jpg

This idiot Diresta also destroyed a pretty clean rust free 70 dart swinger to make a junkyard coffee table out of it. Watched the vid, he took a sawsall and cut all the sheet metal off the body, and smashed it flat to make a hackjob coffee table looking thing.

First of all, hope you are not including Herb with your idiot comment, because he actually did take a badly damaged hood and made something nice out of it, not to mention the effort it took to make it; a surprise for his brother-in-law. The original video on how to do it, may have offended some people because of the way the material was salvaged. However, that being said, Herb would never do something like that. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my wife wants one now for her birthday. Thanks a lot Herb....now I'll have to make one!

First of all, hope you are not including Herb with your idiot comment, because he actually did take a badly damaged hood and made something nice out of it, not to mention the effort it took to make it; a surprise for his brother-in-law. The original video on how to do it, may have offended some people because of the way the material was salvaged. However, that being said, Herb would never do something like that. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my wife wants one now for her birthday. Thanks a lot Herb....now I'll have to make one!

Not at all, i was commenting on the video from the guy who made the original pirate chest. He goes by the name Diresta. He totally destroyed a 70 dart swinger to make some junk parts coffee table thing. Get on youtube, type in Diresta and watch him butcher a nice rust free 70 dart. I think herbs pirates chest came out very nice. No harm in repurposing something thats junk. I do it all the time.

I just checked youtube on the butchered dart. He may have gotten too many hate comments about destroying a good car for an effed up coffee table thing, and pulled the video off youtube.

Last edited:
Not at all, i was commenting on the video from the guy who made the original pirate chest. He goes by the name Diresta. He totally destroyed a 70 dart swinger to make some junk parts coffee table thing. Get on youtube, type in Diresta and watch him butcher a nice rust free 70 dart. I think herbs pirates chest came out very nice. No harm in repurposing something thats junk. I do it all the time.

I just checked youtube on the butchered dart. He may have gotten too many hate comments about destroying a good car for an effed up coffee table thing, and pulled the video off youtube.

why should anyone post hate comments about someone destroying a car. It's their car, as long as no one is touching my car, I don't care what other people do to theirs. If anything, some cars here on fabo getting a "pro touring" treatment are facing worse fates than the coffee table dart.

I saw the video you are talking about and it was a bit of a shame that they picked a 70 dart to do that with, but oh well.

I still have mine. :p

this treasure chest is one of the coolest things I have seen in awhile....that is really neat

-
Back