This will be interesting

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Jason Line Entered in the Sox & Martin Hemi Challenge to Race Bucky Hess' "Fish Stick"

Three-Tiime NHRA World Champion Pro Stock driver Jason Line will be competing in the Inaugural Sox & Martin Hemi Challenge, August 28-30, at the NHRA U.S. Nationals at Indy. Jason will be driving Bucky Hess' newly-completed SS/AH 1968 Hemi Barracuda "Fish Stick". Bucky and Jason decided that their Hess Hemi Drag Racing Team needed to field a second car with three pedals. Attached video shows Jason testing the car a couple months ago.

Since retiring from NHRA Pro Stock Racing, Jason has been busy creating J Line Performance Parts. J Line Performance builds high quality racing engine blocks and cylinder heads. Jason has also continued to field his C/SA 1970 Buick GS455, which recently broke into the nines. Jason drove that very same Buick to win the NHRA World Championship in Stock Eliminator in 1993.

We are now at 23 cars planning to compete in the Inaugural Sox & Martin Hemi Challenge. There might still be a few more entries. Regardless, plan on attending the upcoming Sox & Martin Hemi Challenge, August 28-30, it promises to be one of the best ever!

IMG_4083.jpeg

Jason is one of the best Stock driver to ever put on a Helmet.
His entire family is top notch racers.

Not to be missed! I haven't missed one for 20 years now! Thanks go to Mike McCandless, David Hakim, and Buddy Martin for keeping this alive! Everyone here should be there Thursday and Friday!

Only been once, but it was fun.
Went the year Jeg hopped in Harry Holtons beautiful West coast hemi car and won the event.
I think the biggest news by far this year is Charlie Wescott behind the wheel racing in the event.
Hopefully it leads to him getting the Warfish cars back out

Not to be missed! I haven't missed one for 20 years now! Thanks go to Mike McCandless, David Hakim, and Buddy Martin for keeping this alive! Everyone here should be there Thursday and Friday!
Any idea why Dodge dropped sponsorship this year?
Ditto on the thanks to Mike Mc.

Westcott Jr. is driving the Andy Rhoades owned " Karolinacuda " Andy is driving the "Krazycuda ", this will be the second two car team as said Jason is driving " Fishstick " and Bucky the "Pshychocuda " . A friend and I are driving out from N.J. just to watch the Hemi Challenge. I am psyched ! my prediction : ! Westcott and Comella in the Final ''' either Pancake or Baum will make it to the semis along with Jason Line , Comella for the Win as Charlies lack of recent seat time will bite him. Just my opinion / prediction ! I am probably wrong !!! I read that the Cudas of Tueton and Depillo won't be attending. Thanks to all involved in putting this race together its gonna be great !!!

Last edited:
Years back at the Jeg's Sportsman races in Division 4 they had a SS/HA shoot out. I was privileged enough to be able to help with the distribution of fuel for these races. I was able to be either at the starting line or the finish line for the races, there is nothing that compares to hearing a pair of those cars cross the finish line at speed.

Pretty soon every valve cover in the fuel classes will say Toyota on it.

Years back at the Jeg's Sportsman races in Division 4 they had a SS/HA shoot out. I was privileged enough to be able to help with the distribution of fuel for these races. I was able to be either at the starting line or the finish line for the races, there is nothing that compares to hearing a pair of those cars cross the finish line at speed.

or watching one directly behind it , that is hooked up leave the line !

-
Back