Those Tasty Animals

-
I've eaten some meat in pots, out in the bush of Africa quite a few times. Still have no idea what I ate !! :wack:

being r aised n south Ga. I thought dove and quail to be " regular" food!!!
ain't enough of them in Missouri to bother with. wild turkey pop is huge though.
when the kids where little, a neighbor lady babysat them . they raised pen rabbits. the kids always though they were eating fried chicken! ha

We didn't know we were eating rabbit when we were kids because our Dad told us it was four-leggid chicken. I got in a big argument with an older kid who told me there was no such thing...

Having pheasant for dinner tonight. Moose lasagna with 30% pork added to your favorite recipe is my all time favorite. Venison bbq'd over apple juice takes away all the gamey taste. Going walleye fishing next week to add to freezer stock.

my favorite all time burger is elk patty and onion slices fried in bacon grease.
add a cheddar slice , lettuce, tomato, barby sauce on a sour dough roll.
I think I'm gonna have a couple tonight with some home fries.

A few nights ago my uncle brought over some backstrap from a black bear my cousin, his son, got a few weeks back. First time I had bear, and he pan-fried it with some flour and seasoning. Delicious! It was gone in minutes. He also brought over some ground moose and antelope meat for some burgers, haven't cooked those yet. Never tried moose or antelope!

Anyone else enjoy game? Or maybe something a little out of the ordinary? Maybe even a recipe for moose/antelope burgers? :)D) I think the most 'out of the ordinary' I've had was ground kangaroo and ostrich steak. Both very tasty.

you have to try a boose burger , bear and moose meat , best burger ever

I've had just about every animal that has a season in North America besides bear.

-deer
-turkey
-bison
-moose
-elk
-gator
-squirrel
-snapping turtle
-rattle snake
-frog legs
I would love to try bear but I haven't had the chance too yet.

My personal favorite is snapping turtle or squirrel.

Had the pups out on a awesome fall day of hunting today and bagged some great, and large this year, Ruffed Grouse! A fun day out in the Alberta back country, of which we have a lot, LOL!

IMG_2596_zpsawj07jlh.jpeg

IMG_2606_zpsln6daw9g.jpeg

Squirrel
Dove
Ostrich
Bison
Kangaroo
Eel

The guy that shoots most of the venison I get adds pork sausage to his, but I like it as it comes off the bone. Super lean and tastes like venison. Has got to be WAY better for you than anything you buy at the store.

I am an animal lover (six cats, one dog).... but animals eat... animals, right ?

We've been snacking on jerky and roasts from this guy since last fall, 425#'s! Ducks and geese, and plenty of deer here in the Mitten also!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 103
-
Back