THOSE WERE THE DAYS

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Found a pic, circa 1980. The orange '71 Demon cost me 50 bucks delivered......At $2.15 per hour, almost 2 weeks of part-time money. The green Duster behind that, my dad's, $750 at the dealer on the road with a /6........And $1100 for the other duster with a 318.

As for the old '67 Chev........My dad bought it from a "Buddy" for $200 bucks on the road (Buddy disappeared after the transaction). A few weeks after he bought it, he received a letter from the HFC stating that there was a $200 lien on the truck, and that he owed it, or they were coming for the truck......Being in Northern Ontario, and getting close to the winter, dad parked it in the back yard and tore the engine a part........And waited.

By the time the finance company got around to claiming the truck, there was 3 feet of snow on top of it, and a 200 foot distance to the road. Needless to say, the finance company passed on the truck (and the storage fee), and my dad got it free and clear. The next summer it went back together, and we got 10 great years out of it. Learning how to drive 3 on the tree, and hauling an old camper around for family recreation.

Those were the days............

troy11 066.jpg

LOL, love the picture! Yep those where the days. I bet you where listening to Chilliwack on the radio too :) Damn you look a lot like me back in the day. I had hair and **** stash too back then!

Hi Folks

Found a pic, circa 1980. The orange '71 Demon cost me 50 bucks delivered......At $2.15 per hour, almost 2 weeks of part-time money. The green Duster behind that, my dad's, $750 at the dealer on the road with a /6........And $1100 for the other duster with a 318.

As for the old '67 Chev........My dad bought it from a "Buddy" for $200 bucks on the road (Buddy disappeared after the transaction). A few weeks after he bought it, he received a letter from the HFC stating that there was a $200 lien on the truck, and that he owed it, or they were coming for the truck......Being in Northern Ontario, and getting close to the winter, dad parked it in the back yard and tore the engine a part........And waited.

By the time the finance company got around to claiming the truck, there was 3 feet of snow on top of it, and a 200 foot distance to the road. Needless to say, the finance company passed on the truck (and the storage fee), and my dad got it free and clear. The next summer it went back together, and we got 10 great years out of it. Learning how to drive 3 on the tree, and hauling an old camper around for family recreation.

Those were the days............

View attachment 1715621595
Damn Hippies!!!!:poke::poke::rofl:

LOL, love the picture! Yep those where the days. I bet you where listening to Chilliwack on the radio too :) Damn you look a lot like me back in the day. I had hair and **** stash too back then!
LOL.......Saw them in concert at the Sudbury arena.........

I saw them in concert at Chippewa Start Park. Far from an arena. They were still awesome. Not a lot of people knew of them here in the states. Still have my old LP's. Great band.

Saw them on the island tooo at a hockey arena !

Y
I saw them in concert at Chippewa Start Park. Far from an arena. They were still awesome. Not a lot of people knew of them here in the states. Still have my old LP's. Great band.
You've gotta check out "April Wine".....I don't think they got much attention down your way. A great '70s band. Their heyday was a couple of years before I could appreciate them.

Great picture and story! Your dad sounds like a smart old dude. That wasn't his debt and he dang well knew it.

I read your story of the finance company and it brought back memories.....My boss sold me a Buick Skylark for $800 in '81. I was 17 and excited. Six months later a finance company came knocking saying I owed $1000 in lien. Thank God it was during our Canadian winter and the car was in 50 pieces in my family garage with the engine out. My Dad said he paid them $50 to forget about it. Not sure if my Dad lied to me about that but what a lesson on getting a lien check done. Oh and ya....what an a-hole of a boss! I wasn't pumping gas for him anymore.

I read your story of the finance company and it brought back memories.....My boss sold me a Buick Skylark for $800 in '81. I was 17 and excited. Six months later a finance company came knocking saying I owed $1000 in lien. Thank God it was during our Canadian winter and the car was in 50 pieces in my family garage with the engine out. My Dad said he paid them $50 to forget about it. Not sure if my Dad lied to me about that but what a lesson on getting a lien check done. Oh and ya....what an a-hole of a boss! I wasn't pumping gas for him anymore.
Hard to believe there are people like that around.

Roller
All Over Town
Just Between You And Me
I Like To Rock
Gypsy Queen

All got decent airplay in the US

Gone So Long

also got airplay but that's all I remember from that band

Never saw April Wine but I do have a few LP's of theirs. They did rock for sure!

Since then I've seen them live several times in smaller venues...Fall fairs etc.. My wife had an older brother who took her to a large venue performance when she was 10.....Got stuck babysitting her. She still bugs me about that:poke:

Cool pic, looks like yer missing half a pinky?? Did the caterpillar get it?:poke:
Smart move on Dads part parking the truck lol.
Spent a few days in Sudbury 15 years ago. Great live music on weekends.
Also took an 8 hr run up to Lively to buy a 2000 Dakota from a used dealer up there.

Cool pic, looks like yer missing half a pinky?? Did the caterpillar get it?:poke:
Smart move on Dads part parking the truck lol.
Spent a few days in Sudbury 15 years ago. Great live music on weekends.
Also took an 8 hr run up to Lively to buy a 2000 Dakota from a used dealer up there.
LOL......No thumb either.....I'm holding the pinky down with it:)

Cool story and pic.
What ever became of the vehicles?
Funny you should ask.........I drove that Demon until 1988 (my avatar) and bought a new truck. At that time, my sister needed a vehicle, so I gave it to her as a family vehicle (never made it to the street though). It sat a her place until the mid 2000's when her hubby moved in. He gave me an ultimatum to get it out of the yard in a week......Unfortunately I was not in the position to do it, so by Friday he had it hauled off to the scrap yard, and I never saw it again.......Been buying parts for my new build ever since. My nephew saved the wheels as it was being taken away, so those will be on my new build once it is finished. Oh yeah.......And all the parts to do a complete 4 speed swap, went to the dump as well! Oh well, sucks to be me!

Also Myles Goodwyn's classic car collection is (or at least was) on the web.

-
Back