Thoughts and prayers, please

-

Claudius

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Tomorrow, I will be going through my third telephone interview with a company in Sioux Falls, SD. I am asking for your thoughts and prayers around 11 AM CST (noon EST, 10 AM MST, and 9 AM PST) when I will be going through the experience.

After an impromptu interview with the HR Manager on March 19, it led to another interview on March 26 with the Director of Engineering. This past Monday, I got a call and the next interview was scheduled for April 1 with the VP of Operations.

Thus far, I have been treated extremely well during the interview process and I think that this would probably be a great fit. It would mean a relocation from the Calgary, AB region but I am getting the sense that this is a good family community and the company values reflect a sense of good, honest, small-town common sense. (My sister-in-law was just there with her boss for a conference and she was extremely impressed by everything she saw and experienced.)

Is there anyone who can tell me, from personal experience, what life is like in the Sioux Falls, SD region? I know that crime is extremely low, housing costs are very good, there is no state income tax, living costs are below average, and the voters were smart enough to turf Tom Daschle's worthless hide when they last had the chance.

It has been 14 months since I last worked and this would also be a promotion up the ladder and a chance for even better education and opportunities. (The Director of Engineering is also a car buff, but I will forgive him for being a Corvette owner. I have told him that we can politely agree to disagree on that topic. He did appreciate and respect the fact that I was a proud Barracuda owner.)

Cheers and thanks!!

Wishing you the best on your interview. Not sure about SD never been there. I know they have some beautiful country up there. Good luck!

Both comin' your way from cosgig and cudagirl. We hope you land this position, it'll be a great shot in the arm!!! Good luck, Geof

I would like to extend a gargantuan THANK YOU to everyone who offered their support. It was certainly appreciated. :cheers:

The call came and went and I am no further ahead in understanding if they want me or even where they might place me. (Apparently, the first two people who talked with me were not quite sure where to put me so the third person asked for a call to form his own impressions.) :disgust:

I am supposed to hear about possible next steps before the end of the week.

While waiting for the call, a recruiter from another firm to which I had applied called. I had to cut her very short to avoid missing the scheduled call but she made arrangements for the interview that I just completed with her. I am to hear later today about another interview today or perhaps something early next week. I guess having to juggle multiple opportunities is not the worst thing imaginable...

Can anybody tell me anything about the Ocala, FL area? (Quality of life, cost of living, and anything not PC that I should know would be appreciated. Send a PM if necessary.)

I know that Don Garlits museum of Droag Racing is located in Ocala!!! I just had to stop there on my way to see my uncle in Everglade City. That's all I know about Ocala, but if it's good enough for Don.... Good luck with the job search. Sounds like you got a lot of good leads!!! Geof

-
Back