Thoughts On Fuel Distribution Dams (Intake Manifold)

-
Anyone tried cutting a slight pocket with a rough cut ramp at the intake port exit, my theory is when any fuel pools, the high velocity air would lift the liquid out into suspension again. Problem solved (lol)
I've never tried this but I'll rig something up & see how it works

An unported intake manifold has a lot more than distribution issues.
I think running a turtle without the porting is more a bandaid vs. reconstructive surgery approach. Cart before the horse. Porting and reconfiguring the shape should come first then possibly adding something, not the other way around.

That wont happen until this summer when I finally finish my 67 Barracuda and get it on the road.

The guy that built my 416 put it in.
I have no idea where he got it.
I’ve looked at a few sites, pretty much obvious finding one that fits an obscure M1 intake is a dead end. Maybe one day you could find out where it was sourced, but something tells me it was modified to fit.

LMAO!
:thumbsup:

Well, at least what I have seen, It’s true. The degree in which is totally manifold dependent.

YOU GUYS KNOW THAT RAISING THE PLENUM ON SOME INTAKES IS AN OLD SUPERSTOCK TRICK USED BY QUITE FEW RACERS , THAT KEEP IT KINDA QUIET/MUM.

YOU GUYS KNOW THAT RAISING THE PLENUM ON SOME INTAKES IS AN OLD SUPERSTOCK TRICK USED BY QUITE FEW RACERS , THAT KEEP IT KINDA QUIET/MUM.

I remember Joe Sherman saying that he stacked 8 spacers on top of a manifold and the engine he was dynoing kept making more power everytime.

I think from memory the science showed that the ideal plenum volume was 10 times a single cylinder.

For me that would be 512 CI, with VERY rough math I can’t even get over 300 and that is with a HIGHLY modified intake. A stock dual plane would be what low 200’s? Maybe even less. Increasing plenum volume can make more power, which we like, but it can’t be enough or the trade offs are to big because the factories don’t even come anywhere near that number. Whether it is package issues or running a carb issue. I guess looking at a modern dry injected intake the volume is usually significantly larger than a typical dual plane.

I think running a turtle without the porting is more a bandaid vs. reconstructive surgery approach. Cart before the horse. Porting and reconfiguring the shape should come first then possibly adding something, not the other way around.

I t took both to equalize the ports on a weiand team G intake I `ve got , the corner ports were terrible compared to the center ports.
Got them down to about 25 cfm spread , hell of a bunch closer and higher than stock .
I remember Joe Sherman saying that he stacked 8 spacers on top of a manifold and the engine he was dynoing kept making more power everytime.

I think from memory the science showed that the ideal plenum volume was 10 times a single cylinder.

I was referring to the floor of the plenum.

-
Back