Thoughts on my wheel choices

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Well, I finally decided to bite the bullet and convert my Dart over to large bolt pattern.
I sold my rally wheels today and finally have the cash to buy the rims I want.

I've narrowed it down to a couple choices. Let me know what you think of these rims and how they would look on my car.

Choices are the Cragar Eliminator with the gray center, or these classic100 american racing rims I found on ebay. Pretty much the same cost for either set, but the ebay wheels have free shipping, and includes lug nuts.
heres pics

Attachments

• crr-500g571242_w.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 348
  • rev5classic100.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 349
Cragar all the way!! Spokes look similar to the original Cragar G/T from 1966, I was thinking I should get a set of these too.

Not a big fan of aftermarket rims on our cars,but I actually like the Cragers.

Well, that didn't take me long.
I couldn't sleep till I got up and clicked the BUY IT NOW button on choice #2
The American racing wheel.

I like the cragar, it has a real 60's Dragstrip type look to it. But I think it would have to be on the right car. And it doesn't come in a 15x6, smallest you can get is a 7" and thats part of what I didnt like about my 15x7 rallys was that they just looked a little to big for the front of the car.

The American racing set I just bought, it's (2) 15x6's and (2) 15x7's I think the 6" wheels will look better on the front of the car. And when it comes down to it, these look a lot like the standard torquethrust but with a nicer finish on the spokes. And i've wanted a set of wheels with that look for years, just never had a car that wasn't small bolt pattern.

Cant wait till they show up !
Tomorrow I search for Tires !

I think these will look sweet

Attachments

• rev5classic100.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 315
good choice , that is my favorite aftermarket wheel, im actually trying to talk the old lady into them for her rustang. that way when she sells the car someday, i can keep them for my mopar since its same bolt pattern.

I LIKE em. Since I don't yet have the disc front end OR the to -be- Ford 9" under the 67, I've actually been searching Craigslist for ideas

MY GOD THERE ARE a huge amount of REAL ugly wheels out there!!!!

I've avoided buying any until I can get the "new" stuff under the car and actually check "real time" fitup

But I wanted you to get the other wheels! :crybaby: Why couldn't you wait? :sad5: Nobody listens to me. :sad11::sad1::sad3::sad2:

:D

:burnout:

But I wanted you to get the other wheels! :crybaby: Why couldn't you wait? :sad5: Nobody listens to me. :sad11::sad1::sad3::sad2:

:D

:burnout:

I guess you'll just have to buy a set so the rest of us can see what they really look like when bolted on to an old mopar.

I guess you'll just have to buy a set so the rest of us can see what they really look like when bolted on to an old mopar.

I would, but I have a set of 4 new sbp Centerline Convo Pros and all of the parts for a disc brake conversion in sbp. Too late now. I like both of the wheels you were looking at but I just like the flat gray finish/flat spoke combination better.

I Vote for Keystone Classics ................... oh the voting i over ................. damn

If I ever get a big bolt pattern car I will have to try and find a set of KC wheels. (actually I have a buddy with a set he bought for his Dart before he knew it was a sbp car)

It will look good with the wheel you picked

-
Back