Thread missing? 8-3/4 housing end as welded for shortened housing...

-
I'm not going to pay a site that deletes what I post without telling me why. If I cross a line sure, I get it. But just off into the ether... No thanks.

If I can get get enough respect from mods to talk to me (toolman is the only one that's ever reached out to me about anything that I recall) if something I said needs to come down, I'd love to support the site, as I do elsewhere.

I'm just excited we get the opportunity few can.. as a gold member we can travel time much like Austin Powers..

I'm not going to pay a site that deletes what I post without telling me why. If I cross a line sure, I get it. But just off into the ether... No thanks.

If I can get get enough respect from mods to talk to me (toolman is the only one that's ever reached out to me about anything that I recall) if something I said needs to come down, I'd love to support the site, as I do elsewhere.
The OP asked to have it burned brah. If you were the OP, you can do the same. Dude probably knew once the company had been named it lessened his chances of getting it fixed OR…. He realized that his complaining was un warranted because he didn’t ask to have the tube straitened before the work.

Now, go gold.

It's tough to find the time to respond to all the posts that need to come down. We can mark multiples (if needed) and respond to all of them with the same message, like "comments in sale threads are against the sale rules" It takes time to contact everyone on every post that get's taken down. We try our best but sometimes it makes you shake your head knowing that a long standing member should know better. Hit the delete button and move on to the next one. I spend 6-8+ hours a day on Joey's sites (unpaid) just trying to keep things running smooth and making a difference. THese are great sites not only for Mopar information but car and parts sales and of course all the social threads on the sites. We can talk about pretty much anything. Even politics in the right forum. I get yelled at for moving threads to the N&P from members. THey didn't think it was political but it turned out that way and it was a judgement call to move it. Nothing personal, just trying to keep the sites running smooth.

The OP asked to have it burned brah. If you were the OP, you can do the same. Dude probably knew once the company had been named it lessened his chances of getting it fixed OR…. He realized that his complaining was un warranted because he didn’t ask to have the tube straitened before the work.

Now, go gold.
Exactly. I had to make a call. The OP wanted it taken down and I could see why. Was I supposed to tell him no because some others that posted might loose their posts as well? Sorry but that happens. We mean no disrespect to the members if we have to take posts down. Often there is a good post that contains a reply from a bad post and both come down.

It's tough to find the time to respond to all the posts that need to come down. We can mark multiples (if needed) and respond to all of them with the same message, like "comments in sale threads are against the sale rules" It takes time to contact everyone on every post that get's taken down. We try our best but sometimes it makes you shake your head knowing that a long standing member should know better. Hit the delete button and move on to the next one. I spend 6-8+ hours a day on Joey's sites (unpaid) just trying to keep things running smooth and making a difference. THese are great sites not only for Mopar information but car and parts sales and of course all the social threads on the sites. We can talk about pretty much anything. Even politics in the right forum. I get yelled at for moving threads to the N&P from members. THey didn't think it was political but it turned out that way and it was a judgement call to move it. Nothing personal, just trying to keep the sites running smooth.
And you more than most, I appreciate.

I don't know you so please don't take this the wrong way....it is not directed at you.

We follow a fairly modest set of rules here on the sites, and some members can't even abide by them. Take for example the few old geezers who seem to think they can snub their noses at the rules and interject their items for sale where they feel like it without it being in the appropriate Classified Advertising thread/forum. They get pulled up about it and they go nasty and start a hate campaign. What the hell is wrong with these people?

This site costs nothing to advertise your parts - for sale or wanted. So why the resistance to post your own advertisements? Other members have made quite a good market for themselves by being known as good sellers - and followers go to them straight away.

Other examples include the in-fighting, bickering and outright insulting of other members directly. We pull those comments out and there's an uproar again from those who probably also wanted to vent their spleen. I don't get it. We came here to talk about cars....all the other stuff is just fluff in the eyes of the site owner. It is allowed and tolerated to a degree, but it doesn't add value to the car talk.

On the subject of explaining to members about what and why a post/thread was pulled with no reason at the time. There are times when a member is so habitual in posting the wrong stuff or in the wrong place that we just get sick of the "Please explain" and we carry on tidying up everything else. Most deletions or removals go with a simple note - that's all we are obliged to do. Anything more usually just ends up in a long-winded discussion or argument - neither of which most Mods have the time or inclination for.

As far as reaching out to members goes....well, I have currently 62 pages of Private Messages saved over at FBBO - I save every conversation I have with members just to remind me and also have a reference point when questions are asked. I had dozens of pages lost in each of the past software updates and site alterations. Many of those messages are those of which you speak - they are explaining, appeasing and requesting a member to either comply or see reason in that particular incident. I have reached out to so many members here in an effort to keep them happy that I wish I had kept score of that now. Some of those most disagreeable members at the start of our exchanges have ended up becoming friends.

Back to the pulling of a comment or thread that includes disputes between a member and a Vendor (whether site registered or not) - it is simply bad business for the site to become entangled in such discussions. Without substantial evidence or proof of what happened, and getting both sides of the story - it is not worth getting involved. Mods cannot and will not get involved. I know from the one time I tried to help out, it only made things more difficult for me and the Vendor involved. The Vendor in that case is well-known to these sites, and in the end it was the member who was at fault, but he couldn't see the issue. There is also the issue of the site becoming liable for any comments made - we do not want that at all.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

1722633785068.png

Just wondering... Has anyone else here bent their 8-3/4 housing into a banana like I did? : )

I don't know you so please don't take this the wrong way....it is not directed at you.

We follow a fairly modest set of rules here on the sites, and some members can't even abide by them. Take for example the few old geezers who seem to think they can snub their noses at the rules and interject their items for sale where they feel like it without it being in the appropriate Classified Advertising thread/forum. They get pulled up about it and they go nasty and start a hate campaign. What the hell is wrong with these people?

This site costs nothing to advertise your parts - for sale or wanted. So why the resistance to post your own advertisements? Other members have made quite a good market for themselves by being known as good sellers - and followers go to them straight away.

Other examples include the in-fighting, bickering and outright insulting of other members directly. We pull those comments out and there's an uproar again from those who probably also wanted to vent their spleen. I don't get it. We came here to talk about cars....all the other stuff is just fluff in the eyes of the site owner. It is allowed and tolerated to a degree, but it doesn't add value to the car talk.

On the subject of explaining to members about what and why a post/thread was pulled with no reason at the time. There are times when a member is so habitual in posting the wrong stuff or in the wrong place that we just get sick of the "Please explain" and we carry on tidying up everything else. Most deletions or removals go with a simple note - that's all we are obliged to do. Anything more usually just ends up in a long-winded discussion or argument - neither of which most Mods have the time or inclination for.

As far as reaching out to members goes....well, I have currently 62 pages of Private Messages saved over at FBBO - I save every conversation I have with members just to remind me and also have a reference point when questions are asked. I had dozens of pages lost in each of the past software updates and site alterations. Many of those messages are those of which you speak - they are explaining, appeasing and requesting a member to either comply or see reason in that particular incident. I have reached out to so many members here in an effort to keep them happy that I wish I had kept score of that now. Some of those most disagreeable members at the start of our exchanges have ended up becoming friends.

Back to the pulling of a comment or thread that includes disputes between a member and a Vendor (whether site registered or not) - it is simply bad business for the site to become entangled in such discussions. Without substantial evidence or proof of what happened, and getting both sides of the story - it is not worth getting involved. Mods cannot and will not get involved. I know from the one time I tried to help out, it only made things more difficult for me and the Vendor involved. The Vendor in that case is well-known to these sites, and in the end it was the member who was at fault, but he couldn't see the issue. There is also the issue of the site becoming liable for any comments made - we do not want that at all.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:
I understand a mods reason to.... Moderate.

Just tell me you're deleting my posts and why. Other forums delete my posts, but I get explanations. This allows me to narrow my focus to fit the forum rules.

Just wondering... Has anyone else here bent their 8-3/4 housing into a banana like I did? : )
I am curious what power levels the 8.75 starts running into bending problems. Or just don't run slicks and 4.56 and 5k stall and you'll be fine? Mine is actually bent the other way, one side has 0.25 degree toe out. It's prebent for racing like an unloaded semi tractor flat bed lol

I am curious what power levels the 8.75 starts running into bending problems. Or just don't run slicks and 4.56 and 5k stall and you'll be fine? Mine is actually bent the other way, one side has 0.25 degree toe out. It's prebent for racing like an unloaded semi tractor flat bed lol

I believe I was only running high 11s at the time. I was hitting it hard with a 4-speed no slip clutch though. I broke my share of stuff back in those days because of that.

Was looking in my notes for that info. In there I noted I was having a bit of difficulty getting axles in too. I didn't yet realize the housing was bent. Notes are cool. :)

Last edited:
I believe I was only running high 11s at the time. I was hitting it hard with a 4-speed no slip clutch though. I broke my share of stuff back in those days because of that.

Was looking in my notes for that info. In there I noted I was having a bit of difficulty getting axles in too. I didn't yet realize the housing was bent. Notes are cool. :)
I used to have a good memory but now I've got a notebook instead. It doesn't forget stuff like I do

Not unless I crashed....but never did run an 8 3/4 behind a lot of power in a heavy car. How did you bend one into a banana?

Edit: Never mind, I read your post just above. In the early 80's I was helping a buddy run a low 11 second RR and after breaking 3 8-3/4 rear ends, we went to a Dana 60 and all that mess stopped. The car was a 4 speed too.

I understand a mods reason to.... Moderate.

Just tell me you're deleting my posts and why. Other forums delete my posts, but I get explanations. This allows me to narrow my focus to fit the forum rules.
I try to let members know why a post gets deleted but sometimes a post will get caught up in a multiple deletion (like a whole thread for example) and if it involves several posts, sometimes a post or two may get lost in the mix. It just depends on what's going on with how my day is going too. Sometimes something needs to be removed but there's not much time to send everyone a message on what's going on. We're human too and sometimes time is short.....and lots of members on the 'For' sites and not that many mods to go around.

So this is what I'm talking about.
I posted a post in a non classified area of the site, got a warning. Nothing deleted (because it wasn't a seriously bad violation) but discussion with the mod explained my position, he explained his, and we were both able to make things better moving forward. I know why they weren't happy, they know why their expectations were not clear.

Delete my posts or don't, but tell me why

Screenshot_20240810-120459~2.png

And I keep waiting to get these posts deleted for derailing this thread lol

Delete my posts or don't, but tell me why
We are not obliged to explain anything in relation to why a post is deleted or edited.

On the occasions that I have gone into depth with an explanation, it usually falls on deaf ears, or it just sets off an already triggered member into arguing even further. All of which is just a waste of time and quite frankly a waste of oxygen....much like the person arguing with me.

We are not obliged to explain anything in relation to why a post is deleted or edited.

On the occasions that I have gone into depth with an explanation, it usually falls on deaf ears, or it just sets off an already triggered member into arguing even further. All of which is just a waste of time and quite frankly a waste of oxygen....much like the person arguing with me.
Now you're just hurting my feelings

I always give a response to why I deleted something and do it with a friendly smile and respect, but if anyone can't show me respect here I am short with them with out saying anything defensive, let me introduce myself.
memike from Northeast Arkansas.

WOOD PEKKER DENO 011.jpg

-
Back