Three good reasons why I still do my own repairs.

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found on a '92 F250 I recently purchased....

Reason #1: Exhaust shops are too lazy to tighten down the clamps on the silicone AIR tubes running down to the catalytic converter (just fixed myself):
IMG_6344.JPG

Reason #2: Zip ties on the brake line-hose junction :
IMG_6339.JPG

Reason #3: Cable clamps holding the front and rear parking brake cables together:
IMG_6347.JPG

Looks like I still have some work to do.

Last edited:
Where is the little smiley of the guy puking his guts out?

The frightening thing is the people who actually do those repairs probably think those are completely fine ‘fixes’. In other words, they would likely do similar repairs on their own cars.

The Professional Auto repair business has been going downhill the last 20-25 years, it's just now starting to show now is all.

NC - has annual vehicle inspection for last four years they come
Out get my mileage then I pay and leave ( Govt Tax ) all THIS is.

And the vehicles they fix are on the road with you, me, my wife, my family....
Yup. Yet some people think flying in small planes is unsafe yet every commercial built plane needs to be annually inspected (and not just kicking the tires) to be insured annually. However, depending on the jurisdiction, vehicles dont have any inspections or do but they are Mickey Mouse, and those same people don’t realise the car next to them doing 60mph might have no brakes, bald tires or loose wheel nuts or all three! So much more dangerous driving on the road than being in the air.

U nailed it ( Mickey Mouse ) protocol ! That has sweep all industries including OUR MILITARY ( DIVERSITY- INCLUSION- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION ) ETC ETC
= WE ALL SUFFER because of incompetent humans we are forced to share this planet with.

-
Back