three on the tree to 7:27

-

investigator

Reaction score
I have dual purple wires that ran to my 3spd manual transmission since I am switching to 727 transmission can those wires be used for neutral safety and if so how do i wire. I would appreciate it if you could help this old fart out. Thanks

They are not for neutral, they are for the backup lights.

We need to know the year of the car

You can download service manuals from MyMopar for free

You need a 4 terminal starter relay unless you already have one. The 4th terminal -- one of the "push on" terminals......goes down to the transmission neutral switch. Depending on the year it will have 1 or 3 terminals. Neutral safety goes to the center terminal. On the later 3 terminal transmissions, the two outer terminals are the backup lights just like the two on your 3 speed

sorry it's a 1968 Dodge Dart 2 door sedan came with the 6 I'm putting in Mopar performance 390 horse 360 Magnum and a 727 transmission. I do not know the year of the transmission but the safety switch has 3 prongs on it hope this helps let me know if you need anything else

You are all set. All you need to do is get a pigtail off a 3 terminal torqueflite. Not sure, they might "all be the same."

Run your original 3 speed wires to the outside terminals at the transmission. String one more wire up the firewall. You need an "automatic" starter relay, looks like this:

starterrelay.jpg

Run the extra wire from the center terminal on the Torqueflite to the "last" "push on" terminal on the relay. Rest of it of course hooks up like your old one.

-
Back