Three speed to four speed

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
I got a 73 plymouth scamp with a three speed manual on the floor. I was just curious if a three to four speed swap is simple and if anyone has done one on a /6 before. If so what are the major components and things needed besides the 4 speed obviously. Any information would be much appreciated.

You already have most of the swap pieces. Check your current bellhousing and see if it is drilled for both transmission patterns. Most of them from '69-'76 were. If it is, all you will need is a non OD tranny, shifter, and front driveshaft yoke from a 727/833. If you want to use an OD 4 speed you can get everything you need from a Volare/Aspen. This would include the bellhousing, clutch fork, transmission, shifter, and front yoke. Good luck with the swap.

yes do it, lots of people are doing auto to 4 speed, and this is about 1/4 of that job and is definately worth it, did it in a car a few years ago not a mopar but the four speed was wayyy more fun than the 3 speed, just something about the 3 is wierd... I dunno

-
Back