Throttle and Kickdown Linkage

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Im looking to switch to the later model 70-80's kickdown for my car I just cant stand the factory one that is on it. Has anyone done this, will any kickdown from any vehicle work? I did it on a 68 valiant and it worked out but obviously the early a's were slightly different. Any input is appreciated.

Im looking to switch to the later model 70-80's kickdown for my car I just cant stand the factory one that is on it. Has anyone done this, will any kickdown from any vehicle work? I did it on a 68 valiant and it worked out but obviously the early a's were slightly different. Any input is appreciated.

Are you able to make modifications to the 70-80s one if it comes to that or are you trying to find something that will fit as is. You didn't say what year engine/carb/trans you have?? That might get you some better answers. Also if you post a pic of what you currently have on your car it will enable others to help you even more.

Treblig

It's a standard 273/904 with a factory 2 barrel kickdown setup modified to fit a 4 barrel. No pic at the moment but it is just a factory 273 kickdown from an early a body (the solid bar coming off the carb to a steel plate mounted on the rear of the motor). Modification is possible but if I can find something close that requires minimal mods that's a plus

Here's a few brcakets that I had collected (see pics). In my case I installed a 2004R overdrive in my '69 Barracuda (318, 4 Barrel Eddy). I just mocked it up to be able to use the factory Mopar throttle cable and also hold the 2004R TV cable. It didn't take very long but it depends on your metal working skills.
I'm currently modifying another bracket because I'm planning on swapping over to an air gap intake manifold which is one inch taller. I'll post can post pics of that one a little later. I also modified this latest one (for the air gap) so that I can have easier access to the rear intake bolt which is almost impossible to remove and install. This new modification makes it a piece of cake to access!!
treblig

Attachments

• DSC03304.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC03303.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC03312.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 134
-
Back