Throttle Cable Assembly

-

dale_brennon

Reaction score
I have a freshly built 408 that I am putting into my 1971 Demon, it has an Eddie air-gap intake, and a Quickfuel 750 carb. I was curious if anyone knows a throttle bracket assembly that will mount to the carb without having to cut it up. Any information is helpful!

I have a freshly built 408 that I am putting into my 1971 Demon, it has an Eddie air-gap intake, and a Quickfuel 750 carb. I was curious if anyone knows a throttle bracket assembly that will mount to the carb without having to cut it up. Any information is helpful!

Myself as well. Pictures below, not yet finished.
Check out ARengineering.com for brackets and stuff.
IMG_0504.JPG

I have the exact same set up - mine is a full manual converted automatic so I only need the throttle cable, I too went with Lokar for the cable and bracket - almost positive I used the SRK-4000 - call them, their tech is pretty good. What are you going to run for a TC?
100_4026.JPG

Last edited:
Oh that makes sense, it's a PTC 10" 2400-3200 stall. Speaking of pedals will the lokar work with the stock pedal?

I use the Lokar setup as posted above. Works great. The only thing I will say is I wish the sheet metal for the brackets was thicker. It's thin gauge and wimpy, can flex/bend easily. I almost made my own but left it alone. I saw on their site that Lokar now has a CNC machined bracket that bolts to the carb, but it's $$$

Mike if you could, can you post a picture of the way you attached the Lokar cable to the stock gas pedal?

Allow me;

On the cables end, remove the clevis. Then on the pedals end, there should be a little plastic plug/button. Remove it and then the stock cable. Slide new cable in and install into the pedal. Reinstall the little plastic plug to retain the cable.

Pictured below without the little plastic plug, which I need, so, does anybody know where I can get one?

image.jpg

I just used a nylon ziptie, seating the little ratchet block into the hole, then zipping it tight around the body..

-
Back