Throttle Cable for super six

-

pha pha

Reaction score
I need some advice.I installed new leaf springs and shackles in my Valiant. As you can see by my profile picture the car was lower on the drivers side. After the new ones were installed the drivers side is still lower, the car is higher now, but not even. Its driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated. I thinking maybe a lowering kit, but the uneven high wouls still be there, I think.

On the the super six upgrade I did, I had to send it to a mechanic. They got the new gas pedal assembly going. But the cable is long and doesn't seem to respond correctly.

I was wondering if it possible to shorten the cable? And the bracket that holds the cable doesn't seem high enough. I am somewhat regretting converting it.

I wants excede my talent level...................again.

Put the car on a level surface and measure in front of the rear tires at the same location both sides, write it down. Measure the front behind the front tires at the same location both sides, write it down. Now adjust your torsion bars up front to level the car out and get equal measurements on both sides.

The torsion bar affects the rear leaf springs? The front hight is even.

what springs did you install? Do they have the same part number on them? Did you measure all four corners?

I don't recall ever having a bad experience from them for parts. If I were you I would either swap the springs side for side to see if that fixes it, your other option is to contact them to make them aware of the problem and see if they will work with you to replace them. I gather from what you are saying that you did not have this problem before the springs were changed?

Actually the problem was there with the old springs. The passengers side was higher that the drivers side. That is why I replaced the springs. I thought one side was gone.

Time to measure the four corners to see how much difference there is and I would probably take it to a body shop to see how much and where it is tweaked.

I did measure the the corners as you suggested. You are right. The drivers side front is 1 inch lower than the passengers side. I am trying to readjust the torsion bars.

Sounds like you are getting the suspension worked out.
When I went to the super six, I had to bend the arm that holds the throttle cable at the manifold ( the bracket that has the throttle cable hold down ) because it didn't hold the sheathing back far enough for the throttle to open all of the way. The super six cable was way longer than the stock 1bbl cable. From the pics I took of the volare that I got mine from, there was a loop in the cable ( comes out of the firewall, loops up then back around to the hold down ). Regardless of how long the cable is, it really only matters how much travel the inner cable has.
The circle is the cable adjuster/hold down and the arrow is the loop
sorry for the blurry cell phone pic

cable route.jpg

Thanks for the picture. This helps me understand a few things If you could send me one of the placement of the the spring, kickdown lever and the second spring and how they are placed on the throttle bar. Maybe a top view of the throttle linkage. Also, if you could snap one of the the choke setup on the other side. I have a heat choke and it is not actuating. I think the rod from the heat riser is too long. But not sure. I hate to cut it and be wrong.

-
Back