throttle cable

-

THE STEVE

"part-time wheelman"
Reaction score
my throttle cable will not allow my carb to be open wide open throttle. it was a slant 6 car bu has had a 360 swap. i never changed the throttle cable. no matter how i adjust it when sitting in the car and putting the pedal to the floor it only opens the carb 3/4. if i adjust it to where it opens w.o.t then it doesnt travel enough and wont let it close all the way. so im thinking i need a new cable. what are your suggestions? i could go to a junk yard and chance finding a good one. but id rather get a new one that will last. i ddidnt know if a lokar one would be the way to go. any info will help.

also, its a holley 650 dp. i have moved the cable to a few different locations on the carb bracket with no luck.

I have a throttle cable with a gas pedal assembly, I'd sell from a V-8 car if your interested. PM me

Lol I got you covered give me a Hr to go home and take pics for you ill post em on your other thread you started

THANK YOU! Had a 2am night last night working on the car, not trying to do that again! I hate leaving stuff I started unfinished, but sometimes I just need to learn to know when it's time to stop for the night!

Option # 2 is buy a carb stud mount plate that is avaiable from jegs.
It does away with the factory motor throttle mount.
This allows adjustment in carb height.
It is like $50.00
If you have the slant cable, which is like 24" long from the firewall, I have a stock v8 cable if you need it.
I can post pics if you need to see how it works, and it is the most adjustable set up I have ever used.

Thanks for your input! I just got the lokar hooked up, I made it way more complicated than it should have been. But guess what? Next time, I'll know exactly what I'm doing in the beginning. I'll also know more about what I need to order, so I can get it all done at once instead of waiting days between each installation of a part! I'm still curious of what your setup looks like, sireland.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0OTIuanBn.jpg

See the little black plastic piece snaps in holding the cable in the pedal

utf-8BSU1BRzA0OTQuanBn.jpg

And up here at the carb you use the long adjustable piece that comes with

-
Back