throttle linkage bracket help.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Looks like my org cable bracket is not going to work with my 600 holley.I saw some great pics of how someone fab up there own brackets but cant seam to find them here.So could someone help me find thoes pics Thanks Don aka snake.

Thanks rumblefish but the pics were from a holley look like a plate going to the rear hole to bolt the carb flandge down.I just spent a little time trying to get more throttle but in I am only geting not even half open.There must be a difference from 2 barrell cable bracket to a 4 barrell bracket?

Thanks rumblefish but the pics were from a holley look like a plate going to the rear hole to bolt the carb flandge down.I just spent a little time trying to get more throttle but in I am only geting not even half open.There must be a difference from 2 barrell cable bracket to a 4 barrell bracket?

There definately is a difference between the 2bbl and 4bbl throttle brackets.

Here is the stock linkage (4bbl) on a Edelbrock.

Holley set-up is basically the same.

faucet pics 832.jpg

faucet pics 834.jpg

Way to go guys thoes pics are just what I was hopeing to see.tell me something if I got a 4 barrell bracket would that solve my problim.If so I guess it would be a bit easy than fabing up one.again way to go guys.

Never said what you are working with.

4spd, Auto ?

Column shift, Floor shift ?

Would you like to use factory parts, Aftermarket ?

Sorry Johny Dart its a 318 auto, b&m floor shift.Would like to stay with the factory parts.thanks for the help

Take a look at all of the parts that Mancini Racing sells for this issue. I'm sure you'll find something there. They have tons of different throttle brackets, throttle returns, kickdown linkages, etc.

Sorry Johny Dart its a 318 auto, b&m floor shift.Would like to stay with the factory parts.thanks for the help

Alright,factory parts. Like your choice.8)

If you dont have a 4bbl throttle cable bracket this will be a good place to start. Look at my second picture and you will be able to see the difference between the 4bbl bracket and the 318 2bbl bracket.

The 4bbl bracket sticks straight up where the cable attaches to the bracket (verticle) while the 318 2bbl bracket is bent to the side.

Ask around on here if anyone has one (4bbl small block bracket) they want to sell, or it can be had on E-bay for like $30.00.

Holley makes a Chrysler throttle adapter that you will need. Part# Hol-20-7

The only other part you will need is the top kick down rod,which is different than the 318 2bbl rod.
The rest of your kick down rods(rods from bracket to trans) will work fine.
Study the 2 pics I gave you and compare them with your 2 bbl parts. See the differences,and get the 4bbl parts.

Really simple to do.Just need to know what your looking for.

Thanks JohnyDart ,I have found a bracket and going to order the throttle adapter next, as for the rod that mybe hard to locate.i was wondering tho maybe the kickdown rod could be cut and welded to work.again thanks for the pics i like your detail very profeshional.

Thanks JohnyDart ,I have found a bracket and going to order the throttle adapter next, as for the rod that mybe hard to locate.i was wondering tho maybe the kickdown rod could be cut and welded to work.again thanks for the pics i like your detail very profeshional.

The kickdown rod can be found. Practically any 4bbl small block rod will work,regardless of year.

You have gone this far,might as well get the correct factory parts.

Thanks Johnydart just got my 340 cable bracket fits great just waiting for the holley 20-7 leaver.I mock things up and even the kickdown rod is close but just going to start looking here now.Thanks again bro.reguards Don

Thanks Johnydart just got my 340 cable bracket fits great just waiting for the holley 20-7 leaver.I mock things up and even the kickdown rod is close but just going to start looking here now.Thanks again bro.reguards Don

Very good.

Wanted to take things step by step with you,as to not confuse you.

Now for some reason the 20-7 bolted to the carb need to be spaced out a little. The kick down rod wasnt perfectly inline like it should be. I just added a couple spacers to space it out evenly.

Line your kickdown up and see if it lines up without any binding. If you can see (in the pic) it just spaces the bracket a 1/2" or so away from the carb to line the kickdown up.

I went to a Edelbrock carb, thats why I dont have any other pics of the Holley set-up.

Here is the best pic I have with the spacers.

Picture 593.jpg

Snake, I'd be pretty upset if someone sold me a carb with the bracket sawed off and didn't mention it.

Good on all the members that are giving you a hand.

Your right Johnny Dart the rod is off by a tad buyt nothing is binding.i will however try spacing it out.70aarcuda thanks for the ebay tip i just might bid.

-
Back