Throttle pressure kick down seal

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been replacing seals on my 904. I just replaced my selector shaft seal and now I'm replacing the throttle pressure seal. My question is does the rubber seal get pushed all the way down or does t he top edge lay on top of the rim trapped between the washer and the rim clamped down by the c clip?
Hope this made sense.

Yep, just flush with the top of the gear selector tube. There's a bevel there that the lip on the seal sits in.

It goes in cupped side down inside the bore of the selector shaft and then the washer, then the clip.
The solid type without an actual sealing lip that look the same on both sides it doesn't matter.

It goes in cupped side down inside the bore of the selector shaft and then the washer, then the clip.
The solid type without an actual sealing lip that look the same on both sides it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the replies. So the thin top part of the seal actually gets compressed against the rim by the washer when you press the c clip in?

No, it seals anyway when the lip is facing down and the washer just holds it in place.
Think of it this way, the seal lip sits against the inner bore of the selector shaft and the inner circumference of the seal seals around the TP shaft
The fluid you're keeping in wants to come up from underneath it so the sharper edge of the seal goes toward where fluid comes from. (so sharp outer edge facing down)

Trail Beast is spot on with the seal orientation. It's strange that when ever I strip a valve body 90% of the time the seal is in the wrong way. Lip should face down. You are keeping oil in.

-
Back