Throttle return spring on Air Gap manifold

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some pictures of how everyone is running their throttle return spring on the rpm air gap manifold for small block. Also, a pic of the bracket being used and where its from. The one i have that came off the stock 340 manifold wont work, atleast i dont think it will. Any help is greatly appreciated! and pics are even better! thanks!

Go to Mancini Racing, fuel systems, carb return springs you will see a picture - Carb Adapter and Spring, Stainless bracket mounts to rear of Holley, Edelbrock, AFB, Quadrajet and inline Duel-Quad carbs. Stainless springs are used to mount MRE's throttle cable and kickdown assemblies. Design includes teardrop extender to give more clearance. $23.95 P/N MRE-LK400O (manciniracing.com) hope this helps some.

I have a stock one on my airgap. I'm also using a stock throttle cable and bracket. I will post a pic if I can find it.

Here is the summit set up, but as stated Mancini and others sell the AR Engineering set up for the taller intake.

Tom
vaca003ng2.jpg

does anybody have any pictures of the stock bracket on an air gap setup? id rather use that than go and spend money on a new one if the stock stuff works perfectly fine.

thanks!

It looks like its on a steep angle but it works good no binding and it opens and closes fully. Save the money and use what you have.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

This is not the greatest picture but it shows the factory return spring and throttle bracket used with an Air Gap. If you need a close up, just ask and I could do that during the week.

CIMG2166.jpg

If you ever add a spacer under the carb you'll need to go with the taller custom brackets. I went the elcheapo way and added height to my bracket and fabbed a custom adjustable throttle preesure/kickdown rod.

IMAG0002.jpg

eh guys thanks for all the pictures! 340 swing, thats not the bracket i have, so maybe thats why mine doesnt seem to be the proper one? i gotta take a look at this stuff again tommoro, and who knows, i may find myself ordering one of these aftermarket deals

-
Back