Throttle to Main Body Gasket Carter BBD?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Hi
Rebuilding a Carter BBD 2 barrel (1965 273 Valiant Signet). The throttle body to main body had a very thick gasket (almost like a spacer). The rebuild kit has an obvious exact replacement piece which is black in color. My question is: what to do (if anything) with a second identically shaped thin paper gasket (gray in color, found in rebuild kit) that could substitute for the super thick gasket or could be used in addition to the thick gasket (being it has the same shape and same holes)? I know I need the thick gasket, because the original carb had that. However, when I took off the gasket from the carb during cleaning, it peeled off in so many layers that I don't know if all of those layers included the thick gasket and the paper gasket or if it was only the thick gasket by itself. Then, if I use both gaskets, would I put the thin, gray paper one on top or on the bottom. Thank you. (The rebuild kit only has a diagram and no step by step instructions, that is why I am asking for help)

Use the thick one only. I always spread a thin film of Vaseline on all carb gaskets to prevent sticking on the next overhaul.

ya use the thick gasket ....the thin gasket is prob for a different application using that carb

-
Back