Throw in your.02 on Torque Converter Suggestion

-
He's got this!!!! intended use is how you pick parts based on what you already have aquired, pick the other parts to match what you have based on intended use :)
Transman,

You are the voice of reason. I was thinking for the way I will use this car, there is no reason to use anything other than a stock converter.
Thanks for your recommendation, and I'll look into the CR8H unit.

Thanks to all for your input

I'm going to use my car to take the kids to Sonics, etc...As you mentioned you were going to use the car to get bagels on Sunday morning I think you're wise to keep it stock or real close to it. I recently put a Keith Long tranny in my 340 Duster which has 3.23 gears, 727, TQ, stock manifolds, one up from stock purpleshaft cam. Keith recommended no more than a 2500 and shipped a custom one from PATC. I have the original stock converter, which would work for you, if you're interested...probably better off getting a new one, but if you're on a tight budget...could have it checked out to make sure it's ok. I hope to get the car on the road soon to check out the combo...never heard of anyone not happy with Keith's recommendations...good luck! Mark

I'm going to use my car to take the kids to Sonics, etc...As you mentioned you were going to use the car to get bagels on Sunday morning I think you're wise to keep it stock or real close to it. I recently put a Keith Long tranny in my 340 Duster which has 3.23 gears, 727, TQ, stock manifolds, one up from stock purpleshaft cam. Keith recommended no more than a 2500 and shipped a custom one from PATC. I have the original stock converter, which would work for you, if you're interested...probably better off getting a new one, but if you're on a tight budget...could have it checked out to make sure it's ok. I hope to get the car on the road soon to check out the combo...never heard of anyone not happy with Keith's recommendations...good luck! Mark

Thanks Mark340,
I'm going to check out the converter Transman recommends. If it's priced out of reach I'd take you up on that offer for sure.

Turns out the stock remanufactured CR8H unit is only $80.00.
I'll start saving my pennies.

-
Back