Throw out bearing and clutch fork

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering exactly how the T/O bearing goes on to the clutch fork I have taken 2 pics

null_zps62d0b998.jpg

Or

null_zps61c4dce1.jpg

I had it like the second one before and when I pulled trans one of the springs on t/o bearing was off

Wondering maybe my fork is too short??

your fork should measure 12 1/2'" overall.

once you install the clutch fork, it should clip on only in one spot. ill take a look at mine and see how it is.

The second pic is correct. Make sure that after fork engages clip inside bell housing, and the linkage end is connected, that you still retain that relationship between bearing and fork. I have seen a lot of screwed up geometry, due to some one changing bell housings , or installing 5 and 6 speeds.

The second pic is correct. Make sure that after fork engages clip inside bell housing, and the linkage end is connected, that you still retain that relationship between bearing and fork. I have seen a lot of screwed up geometry, due to some one changing bell housings , or installing 5 and 6 speeds.

I'm using a Lakewood bell/scattershield

The geometry should be correct if you are using a direct replacement Lakewood Scatter Shield

-
Back