thrush turbo muffler

-

Small_Block

Reaction score
Finally ordered my mufflers and x pipe. Going to go with. 2 1/4 inch. I have heard mixed reviews with the thrush turbo mufflers with their build quality. Has anyone had bad luck with them?

I'll tell ya. When these first became popular in the ?70?s I was running ORIGINAL "replacement" Corvair turbo muffs by either Walker or Maremont---IE OEM quality or damn close to it.

A friend was bragging about "the buy" he'd gotten on his Thrush, and brought a brand new one in to show off. I went back and got a new Maremont out of the box and told him to stick his arm out, I put his Thrush on his hand. No problem. Hold that tin ***** out there forever.

I stuck that Maremont on his hand which must'ha weighed 3 times as much and he just could not believe it.

No Thrush for me. I doubt they've improved any over the years.

I just got back from a quick glance at the online Walker catalog. I was gonna see if I could find the weight of an original Corvair turbo muff, but Walker has decided Corvairs don't belong in their catalog.

Bakersfield?. Nice,welcome from,Pismo Beach. The model/part number goes a long way.(as well as your combo. As for the best"turbo muffler",a few . Best period :Dynomax Super Turbo,Chrysler "Imperial "mufflers. Best bang 'for the buck: Cherry Bomb turbos.They do work,on mild applications,very well. Personally watched,at Famoso.

I had a pair the gut came loose first 500 miles, the second pair were ok.

Use to run them back in the 1980's,,

there are alot of new design mufflers that would be alot better

Best turbo mufflers are Walker Dynomax Super Turbos. Sound great and have had them on the charger for over 20yrs and still sound good.
They are loud with verylittle to no drone.
If you want loud the Summit Turbo Mufflers are pretty loud have them on my 74 Swinger and they sounded great gonna replace them cause I got a new exhaust kit from them

Best turbo mufflers are Walker Dynomax Super Turbos. Sound great and have had them on the charger for over 20yrs and still sound good.
They are loud with very little to no drone.
If you want loud the Summit Turbo Mufflers are pretty loud have them on my 74 Swinger and they sounded great gonna replace them cause I got a new exhaust kit from them

Are the Summit Turbo mufflers these: Summit Muffler Chambered 3" Inlet 3" Outlet Offset Inlet Offset Outlet Steel EA
13" case and 19" long. They are pretty cheap and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with them. :brave:

-
Back