Thrust pin/block removal?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Long story short, is there something I'm supposed to remove from the stock center section when installing Moser 8.75 axles?

Will the new axles actually fit in the housing with that installed and its really bad to have it in there, or will they just not go in at all?

Thanks

Steve
______

intersting. current unit is cone type. does that make any difference?

I wish I could help you with that... but you might want to call Cass AKA Dr. Diff.

google him and his number will come up.

Hey All:

Long story short, is there something I'm supposed to remove from the stock center section when installing Moser 8.75 axles?

Will the new axles actually fit in the housing with that installed and its really bad to have it in there, or will they just not go in at all?

Thanks

Steve

If you are using the non adjustable green axle bearings then you'll need to remove the floating block in the differential case. The axles will not fit otherwise.

If you are using the stock tapered roller axle bearings then you need to have the block to be able to adjust the end play on the axles.

If yours is a cone type sure grip then you'll have to remove the "thrust block" and to do this you'll have to disassemble the differential case as there is the differential side gear shaft running throught he thrust block that needs to be removed first.

-
Back