Thumbwheel question

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the thumb wheel opening without the plastic? Reason I ask is when I bought the car there was a modern radio in the dash and I suspect they did some cutting.

Thanks

I posted a dash for sale yesterday view the photo

restored 1970 Dart/Duster Rallye DASH Bezel
Mopar Interior Parts For Sale

It's a nice looking bezel but I'm trying to find a picture of the metal underneath the bezel. I'm wondering if the steel has the same cut-outs as the bezel.

I'll keep looking for a front view of my dash frame, but I did find this picture of the back side. My frame is from a 1970 Duster 340.

Attachments

• PICT1932.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 106
Thanks FJR. The opening looks like mine. I thought perhaps there were metal slots like the bezel has. I'm doing my preliminary work now before I tear the dash apart this winter and wanted to know what obstacles needed to be overcome. I should dig out the radio and see where the anchor points are for mounting it to the dash.

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, my 69 Dart had one large opening and 2 small ones for the thumb wheels. And has 2 large screws holding it in place with holes that are beveled for the screws to flush mount.

As long as the mounting screws are outside the slots I'm guessing the slots aren't essential. I need to dig through the archives for a 69 dash photo.

Thanks

try this --also the back side-- but has some detail ,Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 105 (Large).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 97
  • dartgauges 022.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 103
-
Back