-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Small Block

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Before you guys start in. This is a "CARS" for sale section. Some one on here may want this type of unit and i'll help when i can so here it is. 1964 Fairlane. There are some bent fenders but it is a driver. The kids dad hit me up the other day and told me it was for sale. Two tone, maroon/white and i think it has a 289 in it. If you want a Thunderbolt clone project here it is. If you want pics i'll find it around town and get some for ya. Hold your fire.

It sounds like a real NOT A CLONE prospect. It sounds like they have a 64 Fairlane and they have dreams of getting high dollar for someone to spend very high dollar to try to make it a recreation of a true Thunderbolt

If you call $1800 high dollar then OK. Personally i think if someone is looking to build a clone, this is a strong candidate compared to the real McCoy at $300,000. As stated above. Just trying to help some of the fine people here that maybe looking for this project. That's the way i am.

Before you guys start in. This is a "CARS" for sale section. Some one on here may want this type of unit and i'll help when i can so here it is. 1964 Fairlane. There are some bent fenders but it is a driver. The kids dad hit me up the other day and told me it was for sale. Two tone, maroon/white and i think it has a 289 in it. If you want a Thunderbolt clone project here it is. If you want pics i'll find it around town and get some for ya. Hold your fire.

I still have bitter memories of the 1964 Riverside California drags. The word "Thunderbolt" should only be used on a MOPAR site as a stabbing reminder of what can happen if we let our guard down. I might just buy it just to allow MOPAR people to take sledge hammer wacks at it.

Personally I'd rather build it as a nice small block street car, as I'm not a big fan of clones. They dilute the market, are rarely built correctly or to any kind of decent standards, and most often are trailer queens that are worthless at the track.

One clone I'm particularly tired of seeing is General Lee Chargers. I'm a huge fan of '68 to '70 Chargers, as they are, as they were meant to be, and every time I see some rusted out piece of crap on Ebay being touted as "a General Lee" project, I get really annoyed.

Sorry to rant, I feel much better now

If taking a sledge hammer to a car is what floats your cookies then all it will cost you is $1800 plus what ever shiping there may be involved. This car is not mine. I'm merely posting this in the event a member wants something of this nature. Oh,,, and by the way....you're talking to probably the thickest skinned member on this site. The longer you're here, you newbees will get the true jest of this site should you decide to hang around. You guys need any help with anything? You're cannon aint big enough. Keep firein..

Hey Smallblock,you should post a pic. of The Field of Dreams. That,ll keep em quiet,for a while.They just don,t know!:-D

If it will make 1800.00 easier to swallow I have 64 with a
6cyl. 3speed 32000mi. for $8000.00.
If his car is in decent condition that's a steal.
I think they quit making a 64 anything in......64!
Hope you getter sold for him Small Block.
I'll spread the word here in my area.

reunion 279.jpg

reunion 277.jpg

A Ford on a MoPar board?

Sure, why not, afterall, you may know a Ford guy looking for one.

You all know I'm a car guy at heart.

I think that is to cut down on road noise. Might be hard to see when driving though. I almost bought a 63 fairlane, instead I bought my 63 dart. It was cheaper than the fairlane and in about the same shape.

I still have bitter memories of the 1964 Riverside California drags. The word "Thunderbolt" should only be used on a MOPAR site as a stabbing reminder of what can happen if we let our guard down. I might just buy it just to allow MOPAR people to take sledge hammer wacks at it.

I'm with Small Block on this one. The Cars For Sale section clearly states you can list a car for sale, be it a Mopar or anything else. Not trying to start a battle here, but lets be realistic. You haven't been around long enough to know how good of a guy Small Block is, to know how much of a Mopar enthusiast he is, to start saying 'to allow MOPAR people to...'. So lets not start taking shots at people you don't know. You may be a gold member, but that doesn't mean you're higher up than anyone else here.

We feed and house the rats in this neighborhood.
They scare the little kids and keep the dogs and coons
out of the yard.
They are a lot less trouble.:-D

If I ever get back on top again this one will be a halfassed THUNDERBOLT CLONE too.

0101110102120103102008012060f7329c9e03e61aff00bf77.jpg

I truly don't get the Mopar or no car mentallity, I love cars, if it's nice I want it, period :-D I would love a Thunderbolt clone, this one was at a show in Qulaicum, not sure if you saw it Mike, damn that thing was LOUD :-D

DSC00329.jpg

I was at the show, I did see it, I think I might have posted that pic you have in a Car **** thread a while back haha. I didn't hear start up though, wish I did though!

Too bad you didn't hear it, not sure if he had open headers but it sure sounded like it :-D

First car I ever bought was a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe, always liked them :-D

A friend of mine has a 64 Fairlane 2 door, put an 80s Mustang 302 in it, pretty nice car. Anyways not trying to stray away from your for sale thread here small block.

Good luck Small block.I hope someone buys this car, and hotrods it. It'll be just one more Ford for us to shut down:-D
Actually, Thunderbolts were/are cool.If you love Mopars, you should have a little soft spot for Fords. At least they aren't GM's!!!!!

Thanks for the pump up from you car guys. The guy that owns this car is a person i know and he's came down from $3000 to the asking price of $1800. I'd say $1500 would buy the car in a heart beat. Let me know if your serious and i'll screw him down for ya. Don't sic me on him unless your serious. There are other cars other than a MOPAR but MOPAR is THE car. Thanks for covering my back guys from all the newbees. LMAO !!!!

Post some pics when you can. I love Fairlanes, this is my front burner project. It's got a 428, 4 speed and a narrowed 9". Every car maker has their good ones AND bad.

082.JPG

Not running yet. Still finding and fitting parts. Not a big fan of the tear drop hood, so I opted for a single 4 that fits under the stock hood.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back