Tie rod ends, what is the difference?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend restore a 67 383 GTS dart. The car came with a partial new front end kit. I have two Moog ES 319R outer tie rod ends and need to order the two inner ones. We're using a 68 K-member. I noticed that 62-67 use Moog ES-319L and 68-76 uses ES-401L ? Can some one tell me what the difference is? I need to order two but not sure which ones to order.

Well I did some digging and found out the difference in case someone else runs into this problem.
The ES-319 have 9/16" threads in the adjusting sleeve and the ES-401 has 11/16" threads.

Good info. Any other difference in them? Is the 401 beefier? Same length otherwise?
C

use the beefer ones as it makes a world of difference. numbers maybe different here from this article but you get the meaning here:

11/16" tie rod upgrade

The 11/16″ tie rod and sleeve set-up that works in virtually all muscle-era Mopars, A, B, and E-body, are just stock replacement 1974-’78 C-body parts. ‘74-’77 C-body Tie Rod ends bolt into place of the stockers, and are thicker/more rigid to resist torsion/bending while turning. You will have to use the C-body adjusters, but a cheap way to improve your handling. Tell the guy behind the counter that you have a 1975 Newport or some other landbarge.

74-77 C bodies used a beefy 11/16″ tie rod setup. These will bolt right up to your Challenger and give some added strength but look completely stock. These are also Moog numbers.

ES352R…..outer tie rod, 11/16 (need 2)
ES355RL…..inner tie rod, 11/16 (need 2)
ES440S……adjuster sleeve (need 2)

Since you alreadt have 2 and the adjust sleeves, you will need to match those. To upgrade to Larger would require all 6 pieces.

-
Back