tie rod upgrade

-
You want the C-body units, they are 11/16 versus the A-body 9/16 and have the correct taper for the center link and ball joints.

Part numbers:

Moog ES352R - outers
Moog ES355RL - inners
Moog ES440S - sleeves

Get two of each (though I believe the sleeves come two to a box). Good luck!

Get two of each (though I believe the sleeves come two to a box). Good luck!

Moog sleeves are 1 to a box. Sold individually.

Give Rock Auto a try. Under $20 each rod. Plus you can find 5% off codes around.

The way I see it, why not just use orginal parts? Are you going to be doing road racing or something that will put that much stress on the tie rods? For my budget I would stick with OEM and save the big$$ for the other parts that are needed. Just my $.02

If the parts are the same price, why not make the upgrade if they need to be swapped anyway.

The theory goes if they were designed for a bigger heavier car, they are either a strength or durability upgrade for a smaller lighter car.

The way I see it, why not just use orginal parts? Are you going to be doing road racing or something that will put that much stress on the tie rods? For my budget I would stick with OEM and save the big$$ for the other parts that are needed. Just my $.02

...it's not that they are going to break; it's that the originals were designed when tires were skinny, slick bias-plies. With any kind of suspension upgrades and modern tires, you can flex the 9/16 ends when cornering. This affects toe and makes the steering feel mushy (probably only noticeable with manual steering).

It's a pretty cheap bolt-on upgrade. Of no interest to straight-line-only types, of course.

Kudos to SilverFish for the part numbers. I just ordered mine from rockauto.com...4 tie rod ends plus shipping to CA for $82.33. I already ordered the sleeves from CAP Auto.

I went to NAPA earlier this week looking for the ends and the parts guy said his book only showed these in centimeters.

-
Back