tilt column

-

blasterboy360

Reaction score
Hi...i have a 1969 a body....wanting to install a tilt steering column...not looking at high dollar columns..will another brand or mopar tilt..be made to work..thanks ron

I put a tilt column out of a '68 Camaro in my Valiant, fit like a glove up top, I also have rack & Pinion steering so how the bottom will fit up to the original steering box I don't know. But I doubt it will be rocket science.
I suppose those columns are pretty hard to come by, I just happened to have one laying around. All those early style GM columns are pretty similar, the length (which is easily adjustable) is the main difference.
The column shift Automatic columns are very compatible with Mopars and the console shift models, of course have no shift collar to mess with.
Don't be fooled into trying to use a Ford column, they are junk. At least for retro-fitting.

i put a tilt column out of a '68 camaro in my valiant, fit like a glove up top, i also have rack & pinion steering so how the bottom will fit up to the original steering box i don't know. But i doubt it will be rocket science.
I suppose those columns are pretty hard to come by, i just happened to have one laying around. All those early style gm columns are pretty similar, the length (which is easily adjustable) is the main difference.
The column shift automatic columns are very compatible with mopars and the console shift models, of course have no shift collar to mess with.
Don't be fooled into trying to use a ford column, they are junk. At least for retro-fitting.

thanks.....

-
Back