Time Machine

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was thinking about all the cars I would like to own and wishing I had a time machine to go back and buy them when new.

If you could go back as many times as you want to of each year with the cash with the date on it (new bills wouldnt work) from that year what cars would you buy.

The color combo, motor and trans any details you want in a car. What would it be?

Oh man where do I start............................:-D

I'd have to buy other cars to sell to build the MEGA shop to store the ones I'd keep.

They wouldn't all be Mopars either :D

No doubt about it: '69 Daytona, Hemi, 4 speed car. Convince the factory that I needed it in Q5. And then speed up a few years and grab a nice '71 Challenger R/T 'vert, could care less in what color 440, 4 speed.

Man, I would grab a sublime green 70 challenger T/A 4 speed car, with black interior.

Too many to list
'68 HEMI Dart And Barracuda (why not?)
'70 HEMI 'Cuda (Yellow with red hockey stick stripe)
'69 Daytona (any color would do)
'70 Superbird (HEMI Orange with black vinyl top)
All would HAVE to be 4 speeds ;)

Here's what my build sheet would look like.

PM29V0F100001 -- 1970 Plymouth Fury
E87 -------------- 440-6
D21 -------------- 833 4 speed
TX9 -------------- Black paint
H6X9 ------------- Black bucket seats
A34 -------------- Super Track Pack 4.10 Dana
A52 -------------- Sport Fury GT package
B12 -------------- HD front disc brakes
C55 -------------- Bucket seats
F88 -------------- Engine oil cooler
H25 -------------- Heater delete
J41 -------------- Pedal dress up
J45 -------------- Hood tie down pins
J81 -------------- Rear spoiler
N85 -------------- Tach
R08 -------------- Radio delete
S15 -------------- XHD suspension
S91 -------------- Manual steering

That's easy:
* '69 Daytona, 'Charger Red', Hemi/4-speed, black interior, white stripe and wing
* '69 340 Swinger, 'Charger Red', 727, black interior, white stripe
* '71 Demon, 340/4-speed, black paint and interior

That's just the beginning.

70 RoadRunner, 2-door post, 440-6, 4-speed, 4:10 Dana, air grabber hood, bench seat, red with no vinyl top, black/silver interior, no go-wing, steel wheels with dog dishes, dust trails down the side.........

I think that'd do it for me.......:D

i think about this scenario ALL the time, to the point of frustration, the cars seems so cheap but thats cuz im 21 and i wasnt around at the time, as far as money goes would buying a hemi cuda in 70 be comparable to buying a srt challenger today cuz i definately couldnt afford that!

I would convince the factory to make me a drop top 70 Superbird loaded all the fixins. In FM3 Moulin Rouge white top and interior Hemi 4 four speed.

There are so many of all makes I'd buy but I'll just Quantum Leap for a few Mopars for now:

First and foremost, order my 70 Duster 340 new just the way it was equipped originally - 4 speed, buckets, sure grip, manual steering and brakes, Y1 Yellow (although J5 Green, F8 Green, A4 Silver or C7 Plum Crazy could also be color choices) and be the original owner forever, store it in winter and not subject it to all manner of previous owner genius like indignities like cutting the Rallye dash for an after market radio, pitching the bucket seats for AMX cloth buckets, drill numerous holes in the floor to accommodate mounting of said buckets, paint the engine compartment flat black, etc.

57 Desoto Adventurer: S26 package - 354 Hemi, dual fours, 3 on the tree, two-tone white and teal, steel wheels with dog-dishes.

63 Dodge Polara: Max Wedge, 3 speed manual, no power accessories, black or white, a stripper.

68 Charger R/T: Hemi or 440 (not greedy) 4 speed, non vinyl roof, stripe delete, black, dark green or silver

is a turbine car an option? if not, prob a 60 belvedere, 2 tone black + white, swivel buckets, topped out with a tunnel ram sonoramic super commando... and a superbird, and a daytona, a couple hemi cudas, a handful of hemi challengers, hemis+4406's, my list goes on for pages

a super bird lol and save it for now, a 68 hemi road runner auto in some bright mopar color pbly plumb crazy, and a 68 gts hemi dart 4 speed in black or the really dark green, and a 69 yenko camaro as rare as i can get (everyone needs a demo derby car lol lol)

a super bird lol and save it for now, a 68 hemi road runner auto in some bright mopar color pbly plumb crazy, and a 68 gts hemi dart 4 speed in black or the really dark green, and a 69 yenko camaro as rare as i can get (everyone needs a demo derby car lol lol)

lol you'd be out of luck for a 68 painted plum crazy purple, that color didn't debut until 1970 with the other high impact colors.

ya i thought it was to early but its still the car i would get. maby find a prototype lol:) there was a really cool tanish color for 68 i know so maby that. it would be killer to have 3 hemis sitting in your drive tho. especialy if they were the real hemi not the new ones:)

"Toy cars"---'68 Hemi Dart & 'cuda, '69 Z/28 with x-ram & 4-wheel disc & fibreglass option, an A12 RR. Daily driver (?) ---4-spd Hemi Superbird & '70 Hemi 'Cuda 4-spd, 3:53 Dana rear, no options, dog-dish hubcaps, white with a black int & have the dealer put a flat hood on it & remove all the emblems--swing down to S&M & have them tune it-up go have FUN!

1970 cuda convertible 340 just like th one i owned at 18 years old.......

A '69 hemi Coronet R/T 4 speed non console, 4:10 dana f8 green in and out, steel wheels and pie plate hubcaps, white stripe, standard guage pkg (not charger type) factory tach, ps and pdb, am fm 8 track, light group, ramcharger hood (i know it was std with the hemi) and no vinyl roof. I would talk the dealer down to $4000.00 cash and order it in exactly 41 years ago to the day. I would take delivery on january 21, 1969.
Hey, we can dream can't we?

-
Back